海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 安氏大俗商业学:【求职宝典】The 109 Typical Job Interview Questions (转贴)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 项目找投资与合作 -> 海归工作室 -> 海归手册。求职宝典           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 安氏大俗商业学:【求职宝典】The 109 Typical Job Interview Questions (转贴)   
所跟贴 安氏大俗商业学:【求职宝典】The 109 Typical Job Interview Questions (转贴) -- 安普若 - (12611 Byte) 2006-9-20 周三, 09:35 (8076 reads)
安普若
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归元勋

头衔: 海归元勋
声望: 大师
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/02/21
文章: 26038
来自: 中国美国的飞机上
海归分: 4196257

文章标题: 安氏大俗商:Prepare an Answer for Each Job Interview Question (转贴) (4601 reads)      时间: 2006-9-20 周三, 10:00

作者:安普若海归手册。求职宝典 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Prepare an Answer for Each Job Interview Question

Interviews are always stressful - even for job seekers who have gone on countless interviews. The best way to reduce the stress is to be prepared. Take the time to review the "standard" interview questions you will most likely be asked. Also take time to research the company so you'll be ready with a knowledgeable answer for each interview question.

Job Interview Questions: Work History

Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment. (Describe Your Employment History)

Answers:

Interviewers expect a candidate for employment to be able to review their work history in detail. Be prepared to tell the interviewer the names of the companies you worked for, your job title, your starting and ending dates of employment, how much you earned and what your job entailed.

You'd be surprised how many job applicants fumble when asked about prior employment. Don't be one of them! Refresh your memory prior to the interview by reviewing your resume, so, you can speak about your prior work history in detail and accurately.

If you don't have a resume, make sure what you tell the interviewer matches what you filled out on your job application. The best way to prepare is to download a sample job application ahead of time.

Complete the sample application and bring it with you when you are applying for employment. This way you will be able to copy the information rather than having to remember dates and other employment information.

What were your expectations for the job and to what extent were they met?

Answers:

In many cases, interviewers will want to know what you expected from your last job when you were hired, so, be be prepared to answer the interview question "What were your expectations for the job and to what extent were they met?"

There isn't a right or wrong answer to this question. The best way to respond is to discuss what you expected when you took the job and give examples of how the position worked out for you. If the job wasn't exactly what you expected, it's fine to mention that. However, you should focus on the job itself, not the company, your boss, or your co-workers (if they were a problem). Do be careful how you answer and don't focus too much on the negative. Instead, address the highlights of the job.

When responding, be specific. Prepare some examples to share with the interviewer in advance.

For example, if your job involved creating web applications using Cold Fusion, discuss the specific programs you developed and the responsiblities you were given. If you were provided training and opportunities for professional development to help you achieve your goals, mention that, as well.

What were your starting and final levels of compensation?

Answers:

Interviewers expect a candidate for employment to be able to provide the details of their compensation history. Be prepared to tell the interviewer how much you earned at each of your prior positions.

Make sure that what you tell the interviewer matches what you listed on your job application. Refresh your memory prior to the interview by reviewing your compensation history, so, you can speak in detail and accurately. Don't exaggerate or inflate your earnings. Many employers will check references and confirm your salary history prior to making a job offer. A discrepancy between what you reported and what the employer says could knock you out of contention for the job.

The best way to prepare is to download a sample job application ahead of time.

Complete the sample application and review it prior to the interview.

What were your responsibilities?

Answers:

When you are asked questions related to your current or previous positions, it's important to be specific and to be positive about what you did in your previous position(s).

The best way to respond is to describe your responsiblilities in detail and to connect them to the job you are interviewing for. Try to tie your responsibilities in with those listed in the job description for the new position. That way, the employer will see that you have the qualifications necessary to do the job. Focus most on your responsibilities that are directly related to the new job's requirements.

It's also important to be honest. Don't embellish your job, because you don't know who the hiring manager will be checking with when they check your references.

What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?

Answers:

When asked the job interview question "How did you handle a challege?" be sure to include specific examples of how you handled a particular difficult situation. Discuss how you researched the issue and contributed to finding a solution. Examples of good responses include:

During a difficult financial period, I was able to satisfactorially negotiate repayment schedules with multiple vendors.
When the software development of our new product stalled, I coordinated the team which managed to get the schedule back on track. We were able to successfully troubleshoot the issues and solve the problems, within a very short period of time.
A long-term client was about to take their business to a competitor. I met with the customer and was able to change how we handled the account on a day-to-day basis, in order to keep the business.

Which was most / least rewarding?

Answers:

This interview question can be tricky. You want to make sure that the things you say are least rewarding aren't responsiblities that are going to be a major part of the job you are interviewing for. For example, if the last job you had involved extensive customer service telephone work that you hated, and if being on the phone doing something similar is even a minor part of the new job, don't mention it. Instead, focus on the the tasks that were most rewarding and highlight those.

When interviewing, always be cognizent of the job you are interviewing for and tailor your response accordingly. Try to accentuate the postive, regardless of what question you have been asked, because you don't want to be construed as someone who is negative about work, in general.

What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? -

Answers:

Your potential employer will want to know what you accomplished, and what you didn't, in your current or last position.

The best way to respond is to give an example of something you accomplished that is directly related to the job you are interviewing for. Review your resume and review the job posting. Find the best match and use that to show how what you accomplished will be beneficial to the company you are interviewing with.

If you wrote a targeted cover letter when applying for the job use the information you included to create your response. For example, if you are interviewing for a job at a school where you will need to manage student registration, explain to the interviewer how you registered students for courses, designed and managed registration software, and solved customer problems.

If you didn't fail at anything, say so.

If you can think of an example, be sure that it's a minor one and turn it into a positive. For example, if you were working on a project that was behind deadline, explain to the interviewer how you adjusted the workload and the timeline to get back on track and ahead of schedule.

What was it like working for your supervisor? What were his strengths and shortcomings?

Answers:

A typical interview question is "What Was it Like Working for Your Supervisor?" The reason it's asked it to find out how you got along with your boss. Be careful how your answer. Interviewers don't like to hear too much (or much at all) about bad bosses because it could be someone from their company that you're talking about next time around.

I once had a job applicant who spent 10 minutes responding to this question. She told me how awful her boss was and how her company was a terrible place to work. It so happened that her boss was a good friend and golfing buddy of my boss - our company's CEO - and the company was one of our biggest clients. Of course, she didn't get the job.

Don't make the same mistake she did. Instead, accentuate the positive and minimize any difficult situations.

Discuss the strengths your past supervisors had and how they helped you succeed in your positions.

Why are you leaving your job?

Answers:

One of the questions that is typically asked in an interview is "Why are you leaving your job?" or "Why did you leave your job?" if you have already moved on. If you were fired from your job, use these answers to respond. If you left of your own accord, review these suggestions on how best to answer and tailor your response to meet your particular situation. Be direct and focus your interview answer on the future, especially if your leaving wasn't under the best of circumstances.

Don't Badmouth Your Boss

Regardless of why you left, don't speak badly about your previous employer. The interviewer may wonder if you will be bad-mouthing his company next time you're looking for work. I once interviewed a person who told me that her last employer was terrible.

They didn't pay her enough, the hours were awful and she hated the job. That company happened to be my company's biggest, and most important, customer. And there is no way I would have hired someone who felt that way, justified or not, about our valuble client. So, she gave up any opportunity of getting the job as soon as she answered the "Why did you leave?" question.
Prepare answers to typical job interview questions, like this one, in advance. Practice your responses so you sound positive, and clear, about your circumstances and your goals for the future.

Sample answers to the interview question "Why did you leave your job?

• I found myself bored with the work and looking for more challenges. I am an excellent employee and I didn't want my unhappiness to have any impact on the job I was doing for my employer.

• There isn't room for growth with my current employer and I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.

• I'm looking for a bigger challenge and to grow my career and I couldn't job hunt part time while working. It didn't seem ethical to use my former employer's time.

• I was laid-off from my last position when our department was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.

• I'm relocating to this area due to family circumstances and left my previous position in order to make the move.

• I've decided that is not the direction I want to go in my career and my current employer has no opportunities in the direction I'd like to head.

• After several years in my last position, I'm looking for an company where I can contribute and grow in a team-oriented environment.

• I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience in a different capacity than I have in the past.

• I recently received my degree and I want to utilize my educational background in my next position.

• I am interested in a job with more responsibility, and I am very ready for a new challenge.

• I left my last position in order to spend more time with my family. Circumstances have changed and I'm more than ready for full-time employment again.

• I am seeking a position with a stable company with room for growth and opportunity for advancement.

• I was commuting to the city and spending a significant amount of time each day on travel. I would prefer to be closer to home.

• To be honest, I wasn't considering a move, but, I saw this job posting and was intrigued by the position and the company. It sounds like an exciting opportunity and an ideal match with my qualifications.

• This position seemed like an excellent match for my skills and experience and I am not able to fully utilize them in my present job.

• The company was cutting back and, unfortunately, my job was one of those eliminated.

Why were you fired?

Answers:

Fired from your job? Don't know what to say in an interview? Career expert and author, Joyce Lain Kennedy, shares her twelve best job interview answers to the question "Why were you fired?"
Joyce Lain Kennedy is the nation's first syndicated careers columnist. Her work is distributed by Tribune Media Services and appears in more than 100 newspapers and Web sites. In addition, Joyce is author of eight career-related books including Job Interviews for Dummies, where you can read additional excellent interview advice, Cover Letters for Dummies and Resumes for Dummies.

Joyce Lain Kennedy's sample answers to the interview question "Why were you fired?"

• Being cut loose was a blessing in disguise.

• Now I have an opportunity to explore jobs that better suit my qualifications and interests. My research suggests that such an opportunity may be the one on your table. Would you like to hear more about my skills in working with new technology?

• My competencies were not the right match for my previous employer's needs but it looks like they'd be a good fit in your organization. In addition to marketing and advertising, would skills in promotion be valued here?

• Although circumstances caused me to leave my first job, I was very successful in school and got along well with both students and faculty. Perhaps I didn't fully understand my boss's expectations or why he released me so quickly before I had a chance to prove myself.

• The job wasn't working out so my boss and I agreed that it was time for me to move on to a position that would show a better return for both of us. So here I am, ready to work.

• After thinking about why I left, I realize I should have done some things differently. That job was a learning experience and I think I'm wiser now. I'd like the chance to prove that to you.

• A new manager came in and cleaned house in order to bring in members of his old team. That was his right but it cleared my head to envision better opportunities elsewhere.

• Certain personal problems, which I now have solved, unfortunately upset my work life. These problems no longer exist and I'm up and running strong to exceed expectations in my new job.

• I wanted my career to move in a different direction, and I guess my mental separation set up the conditions that led to my departure. But by contrast, the opportunity we're discussing seems to be made for me and I hope to eventually grow into a position of responsibility.

• I usually hit it off very well with my bosses, but this case was the exception that proved my rule of good relationships. We just didn't get on well. I'm not sure why.

• My job was offshored to India. That's too bad because people familiar with my work say it is superior and fairly priced.

• I outlasted several downsizings but the last one included me. Sign of the times, I guess.

• I was desperate for work and took the wrong job without looking around the corner. I won't make that mistake again. I'd prefer an environment that is congenial, structured and team-oriented, where my best talents can shine and make a substantial contribution.

Kennedy also says, "Practice in advance what you'll say. Then keep it brief, keep it honest and keep it moving." That way, you'll get past the sticky issue of getting fired and can move on to your skills and why you're qualified for the job.

Job Interview Questions About You

Describe a typical work week.

How many hours do you normally work?
How would you describe the pace at which you work?
How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
What motivates you? - Best Answers
What are your salary expectations? - Best Answers
What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make?
If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
Give some examples of team work.
What type of work environment do you prefer?
Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
How do you evaluate success?

Job Interview Questions About the New Job and Company

What interests you about this job?
What applicable attributes / experience do you have? - Best Answers
Why are you the best person for the job? - Best Answers
Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
What do you know about this company? - Best Answers
Why do you want to work for this organization?
What challenges are you looking for in a position?
What can you contribute to this company?
Are you willing to travel? - Best Answers
Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company that you would like to know?

Interview Questions: The Future

What are you looking for in your next job? What is important to you?
What are your goals for the next five years / ten years? - Best Answers
How do you plan to achieve those goals? - Best Answers
What are your salary requirements - both short-term and long-term? - Best Answers
Behavior based Interview Questions

In addition to being ready to answer these standard questions, prepare for behavior based job interview questions. This is based on the premise that a candidates past performance is the best predictor of future performance. You will you need to be prepared to provide detailed responses including specific examples of your work experiences. The best way to prepare is to think of examples where you have successfully used the skills you've acquired.

If you were fired from your job, you will need to be prepared with an answer as to why you were fired. Here are twelve sample answers you can use to respond.

Take the time to compile a list of responses to both types of questions and to itemize your skills, values and interests as well as your strengths and weaknesses. Emphasize what you can do to benefit the company rather than just what you are interested in.

Expect to have your references checked prior to getting an offer. Plan ahead and compile a list of references and some letters of recommendations now, so you're prepared when the employer requests them.

The last job interviw question you may be asked is "What can I answer for you?" Have a question or two of your own ready to ask. You aren't simply trying to get this job - you are also interviewing the employer to assess whether this company and the position are a good fit for you.

Interview Questions to Ask the Interviewer

It's your turn! As the interview comes to a close, one of the final questions you may be asked is "What can I answer for you?" Have interview questions of your own ready to ask. You aren't simply trying to get this job - you are also interviewing the employer to assess whether this company and the position are a good fit for you.
Interview Questions to Ask ~

• How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?

• How would you describe a typical week/day in this position?

• Is this a new position? If not, what did the previous employee go on to do?

• What is the company's management style?

• Who does this position report to? If I am offered the position, can I meet him/her?

• How many people work in this office/department?

• How much travel is expected?

• Is relocation a possibility?

• What is the typical work week? Is overtime expected?

• What are the prospects for growth and advancement?

• How does one advance in the company?

• Are there any examples?

• What do you like about working here?

• What don't you like about working here and what would you change?

• Would you like a list of references?

• If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?

• What can I tell you about my qualifications?

• When can I expect to hear from you?

• Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
Interview Questions NOT to Ask ~

• What does this company do? (Do your research ahead of time!)

• If I get the job when can I take time off for vacation? (Wait until you get the offer to mention prior commitments)

• Can I change my schedule if I get the job? (If you need to figure out the logistics of getting to work don't mention it now...)

• Did I get the job? (Don't be impatient.

https://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/interviewquest.htm

作者:安普若海归手册。求职宝典 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

上一次由安普若于2008-6-11 周三, 06:51修改,总共修改了1次

相关主题
安氏大俗商业学:【精彩照片】闲聊硅谷的技术背景的创投公司(二) 海归茶馆 2010-3-18 周四, 14:39
安氏大俗商业学:【精彩照片】闲聊硅谷的技术背景的创投公司(一)(通俗低级陈... 海归茶馆 2010-3-17 周三, 07:30
安氏大俗商业学:【精彩照片】波士顿郊区128公路边上一个楼里聚集了几家VC 海归主坛 2009-6-07 周日, 07:13
安氏大俗商业学:闲聊硅谷的技术背景的创投公司(四)——Google的案子与... 海归茶馆 2010-3-21 周日, 22:00
安氏大俗商业学:闲聊硅谷的技术背景的创投公司(三)——Netscape的案... 海归茶馆 2010-3-20 周六, 09:51
安氏大俗商业学:硅谷是哪里来的?——肖克利;硅谷的英雄都是哪里来的?——仙... 海归茶馆 2010-3-16 周二, 13:18
安氏大俗商业学:奢侈品和奢侈品消费 海归主坛 2009-10-21 周三, 02:35
安氏大俗商业学:市场策划中的价格定位,兼答“唧唧琅(gigilang)”妹... 海归主坛 2009-10-09 周五, 07:43

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 安普若离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件 浏览发表者的主页 QQ号码什么是QQ号码? MSN
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 项目找投资与合作 -> 海归工作室 -> 海归手册。求职宝典           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.