海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: (ZT) 美国人所错过的奥运会
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 (ZT) 美国人所错过的奥运会   
小泡泡
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 院士

加入时间: 2006/01/19
文章: 4007

海归分: 461040

文章标题: (ZT) 美国人所错过的奥运会 (1822 reads)      时间: 2008-8-09 周六, 07:25   

作者:小泡泡海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

原本想看看国外民间是怎样评价08奥运会的开幕式,结果看到这篇网文及其跟贴,很有意思。好像没有敏感内容,嗯,其实恰恰相反。如果不合适,请删。

原文在:
https://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/postglobal/pomfretschina/2008/08/olympic_opening_ceremonythe_on.html

POMFRET'S CHINA

Olympic Opening Ceremony....The One America Missed

So I caught some of the Olympics opening ceremony on a Ukrainian website. It was pretty amazing. But I would have liked to have watched the whole thing live and not felt like a hacker while I was doing it. Sorry. NBC wasn't showing it. More important stuff to report. Maybe something on Britney or whatever.

I'll wait until this evening to check it out -- undoubtedly a highly-edited version.
It's pretty irritating, though, to be forced to miss the show. I mean the ceremony "was predicted to be the most watched television event in history, with 2.3 billion viewers tuning in live," the Post reported. Why wasn't it shown live? Only NBC knows for sure.

But, to me, it's indicative of something -- and that's not just that "money makes the world go round." It bespeaks of an insularity in this country. I've noticed this in Olympics past. I was in China for the Games in Athens. The coverage by China's Central Television was stellar -- a lot of events, not all of them dominated by China, of all sports, even obscure ones and not just ones Chinese are good at. Same held true for the Sydney Games which also found me in Beijing.

I know from friends that that's never been the case here. Don't expect broad and deep coverage from the American networks. It's pretty much going to be "all the way with USA...." Who's acting like a superpower now?

以下是部分网友跟贴:

AB:

The 3-hour telecast tonight will no doubt contain about 60 minutes of commercials, keeping American viewers from enjoying the breathtakingly spectacular ceremony in all its glory. Soda, pizza, gas-guzzlers (30 mpg - yay!) and the latest drug that gives you 720-hour erections are so much more important.

Whether you like it or not, America's dumbing down has a lot to do with what the media feeds us. Reminds me of the saying "the less a people know, the less they want to know."

Now let the whining begin (but, but...we aren't a nation of whiners...waaaahhh)

Marc L.:

I am Canadian and the coverage was shown live on Canadian television. We don't only think about money; we care about what the olympics are really about, clean world class competition. The spokesman for NBC has admitted the decision not to show live coverage was a business decision in an attempt to make more money. During times like this, I am proud to be Canadian.

Anonymous:

holy crap!

Chinese spent all their money!
They really like Olympics, not like US hosted cheaply:) And only care about USA, USA, USA....
but the rest of world just been cut for commercial!

Human Rice! Freedom of Information! Poor American people, under a selfish idiotic government.

Have you guys seen how Chinese welcomed US Athletes?
Kobe? Japanese Athletes? and Taiwan?

The Fact speaks for Chinese, but American people only get to watch partial facts that is delivered by US government thru an limited edited broadcast just like the Olympics. Sigh!

Peter F in SF:

Neither I nor any of my friends are paying any attention at all to these games. I am totally uninterested in anything about China. Been there, done that and never want to do it again. Horrible! It's a damn shame that they got the games.

Xog:

I've been annoyed at the way the networks cover the Olympics for years. Who in the world wants to watch taped and edited sports? I'll gladly stay up and watch underwater basket weaving at 3am, if they would just show it LIVE!

With so many channels they can use, there is no excuse to avoid showing the events live. They can still show their edited crap in prime time for the people who don't know they are being fed what the networks want them to see.

Cathy:

it's so true that I felt I am behind everyone else in the world just because the dominating TV network does not believe to live at the moment in the history.

Those executives of the network think they are so smart that they can manipulate everything by the media power. WRONG! I just can't wait until we have HD internet. That will be AWESOME! We then do not need to be controlled by any dominating media. We will be live where ever, whenever we want. Sometimes people in power are just so short-sighted.

Oh, also, what's up with only showing the events that US Team can win? Where's the true Olympian spirit? I want to see ping-pong and other not-so-popular sports too!!

Anyway, since I don't have a choice and I want to enjoy the HD effect of the opening ceremony, I guess I will wait until tonight for the most exciting event of the year!!

Censorship:

You know why we are not seeing the opening live? The stadium's 90,000 fans from countries around the world let out groans and boos when Bush appears.
I later read an Associated Press summary of the opening--no mention of this from them. If the tape-delayed coverage by NBC shows this, then I will consider myself proved wrong, but I doubt they will.

作者:小泡泡海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
来美国不可错过的户外露营活动 生活风情 2016-7-04 周一, 20:44
美国梦的错位。 海归主坛 2014-5-17 周六, 10:18
[分享] 做空、落空 全球债券大王格罗斯借酒浇愁:做空美国国债是个错误 海归商务 2011-9-01 周四, 11:02
【视频】李冰冰参加美国访谈节目 -- 英语说得相当不错 海归茶馆 2011-7-17 周日, 06:43
日本政府判断错误 婉拒美国协助导致核电站爆炸[转帖] 海归商务 2011-3-13 周日, 12:14
今年美国的股市表现真不错, 海归商务 2011-3-04 周五, 00:38
updated: 老中,你一贴说在美国的大陆留学生达标的人多?我搞错了你的... 海归酒吧 2010-11-03 周三, 06:23
[ZT}这事情到底是谁的错? 是美国警察还是中国外交官 海归主坛 2010-5-02 周日, 13:37

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 小泡泡离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.