海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖] 看完照片感觉真该保护日本车,在它面前骑车人是强势群体 - 国产车和日本车撞车图片汇集
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归主坛           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖] 看完照片感觉真该保护日本车,在它面前骑车人是强势群体 - 国产车和日本车撞车图片汇集   
所跟贴 不是谁垃圾,而是断轴这事,每个车厂都出过。要比较,应该将总体数字拿出来比较,而不是举一两个例子。 -- chinokino - (0 Byte) 2012-10-17 周三, 02:57 (582 reads)
无忌

头衔: 海归中校

头衔: 海归中校
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2012/02/12
文章: 670

海归分: 32434

文章标题: 顺你说也不行,你这不是自己抽自己吗? (967 reads)      时间: 2012-10-17 周三, 10:26   

作者:无忌海归主坛 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments problem #23
Dec 19
Windstar LX V6
Automatic transmission
180,000 miles
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S

While pulling in a parking lot we heard a crack. At first I thought a tire had blown but when I looked they were fine and all seemed well. I figured we just ran over something, so I continued to drive it home, then my wife took it out on two small trips to town the next day. By the end of the second trip she was hearing lots of odd noises and the van was driving very rough. Thank God she was almost home and never went on the interstate that day. When she pulled in the garage she smelled burning rubber and the tire was bent into the van. Sure enough, the axle was almost completely severed, with only about a centimeter to go.

The crazy thing is when we called Ford they refuse to pay to have the axle replaced or even cut us a break because the recall doesn't extend to our state. Apparently we are a 'non-corrosive' state, even though we have had tons of snow and salt on the roads the past several years and even though it DID corrode due to THEIR manufacturer defect. I guess according to them the axle corrosion really didn't happen since I live in the wrong state (Tennessee) - Unbelievable... I will never own a Ford again. They are completely inflexible and irrational to deal with. To be fair the local dealer was angry too. Their rep went to great lengths to try and convince the Ford HQ to cover this for us, but to no avail.
- skmorefield, Bristol, TN, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #22
Mar 13
Windstar LX V-6
Automatic transmission
85,000 miles
I was driving down the parkway when the entire vehicle started to shake. It got worse and worse for the next few miles. Finally pulled off road into a parking lot. At this point the entire rear axle collapsed and the vehicle fell to the ground. Had to get a flatbed to tow it away. The body shop guy told me he had never seen anything like this. He told me that had it happened while driving I would have lost control and broken rear axle could have perforated the gas tank and we would have burst into flames. Wow!! Real nice. I had all my kids in the car at the time. We would have all been burn victims and scarred for life. Reminds me of the old Ford Pintos. I called Ford and they denied anything was wrong. They refused to pay for anything. I sent them a letter about the incident and told them I would never ever buy Ford again. So they sent me back a flashy brochure for all new cars(that probably cost $10 to print). I won't even get into the problems I had with all my previous Ford products. I am DONE with Ford. I always bought American to be patriotic. They don't care if I die in one of their products. All my friends with Toyota and Nissans have had minimal or no problems at all. All the commercials about new Ford cars will turn out to be lie. Wait until they get 90 or 100K on them. Ford is riding high right now with their sales. Wait 3 or 4 years from now when all these new consumers find out what a Ford product is really like. I hope Ford goes bankrupt.
- Robert B., Piscataway, NJ, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #21
Jul 15
Windstar SEL 3.8L V6
Automatic transmission
79,317 miles
Thank god no one was hurt. My wife has been shuttling kids to basketball camps and has made a few vacation day trips recently, all of which required a significant amount of highway driving.
She said that the van was making some squealing noises and an occasional bang. The exhaust system was a little loose, so we had it tightened up. There was no visible indication of anything wrong with the axe at that time. She complained that the noises were getting worse, that the back-end was hopping, and that the tire pressure light had come on. I checked the tire pressure and at that time there was no alignment issue. The wheels were still perpendicular to the road. I bounced the van thinking that the rear shocks had failed. It bounced a few times, but not excessively. My wife took the van out one more time and returned saying that there had been a really loud bang and that the sqealing noise was more consistent. She parked the van on the street, instead of in the driveway, which was untypical. We were returning home from a car dealership with the expectations of returning the following day with the van for trade-in evaluation and I noticed that the wheel was tipped in to the fender well. I took a quick look underneath and there was a clean fracture, with the axle pieces offset about an inch. The axle looked clean and there wasn't apparent rust.
Needless to say, we either are going to lose money on the trade-in value or will have to pay for the repair, whichever is the lesser of the two. And we will be incurring the costs for a rental until the repair is complete or the tow charge to get the van to the dealership for trade.
Not surprising that we were returning from a Honda dealership and not a Ford dealership when I noticed the damage. Never again Ford.
- riarbrown, Wakefield, MA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #20
Jul 25
Windstar
Automatic transmission
124,000 miles

I noticed a creaking noise which I initially thoughts was related to the shocks. However I noticed a crack on the rear axle. After inquiring at a local mechanic and dealer I was told not to drive the car and have it fixed immediately. I read your web site and found out this has been an issue for many owners. I became very concerned that without addressing this problem my wife, 16 year old son or I could have been at the wheel when this axle broke apart and may have caused major harm to my family and car. I hope Ford steps up and fixes this right away.
- Dan D., Malvern, PA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #19
Jun 30
Windstar SEL 3.6L
Automatic transmission
98,000 miles
It happened to me while taking my wife, daughter and several senior girl scouts to the Newark International Airport in NJ for their two week trip to Europe. JUST got off the turnpike when, BANG, the rear end of my 2002 Ford Windstar went down. I could see sparks in my side mirrors and thankfully was able to bring the van to a stop on the shoulder of the road. Rear axle was fractured due to internal rust and a flawed axle design. Had it towed to a local Ford dealer and was quoted $1200 to fix the problem.

My question to the world of automotive legal experts is this...."Is the rear axle beam of my Ford Windstar a normal wear and tear part?" That is, does it come under the same guidelines as say brakes or shocks that need to be replaced over time at the owners expense? Or, is this part suppose to last the lifetime of the vehicle with normal use?

My attached pictures clearly show that the rear axle beam rusted from the inside out, offering no indication that a failure was imminent. And my van is garage kept!

That's my story. I'm having my vehicle repaired at a Ford dealer so that (hopefully) when there is a recall on this part, I will (hopefully) get reimbursed. Thank God no one was injured.

Update from Jul 15, 2010:
So, I had some conversations with the Ford folks, and here is what transpired:

In my e-mail conversations with the Customer Relationship Center of Ford, I asked them if the rear axle beam of my 2002 Ford Windstar is considered a normal wear and tear part? Their reply was "In reference with your question if the rear axle beam on your 2002 Ford Windstar considered a normal wear and tear part, please note that as we are not involved in parts related information, your servicing Ford Dealership is in the best position to address that. Resources are available exclusively to our dealerships directly from Ford Motor Company where answers may be obtained."

I had the rear axle repaired at my local Ford Dealer and picked up my van on 7/8/10. I asked for the broken rear axle to take home. One of the service managers and a technician helped me load the axle into my van. I asked, "So, is this considered a wear and tear part like shocks, brakes and wiper blades?" The service manager said, "no" and the technician said, "It's not suppose to be". I gestured to the parts on the floor and said, "Evidently, it is".

In conclusion, I was told by the Customer Relationship Center of Ford to ask my Ford Dealership if my rear axle is considered a normal wear and tear part. I did so, and was told by a service manager and a Ford technician that the rear axle is not considered a normal wear and tear part. Therefore, I must conclude that the rear axle is a part of the vehicle that should last the lifetime of the vehicle, but this is my own conclusion, and, the reason for filing this complaint.

- George F., Souderton, PA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases...

Ford Focus ignition Ford Explorer transmission engine complaint electrical issue heater complaint transmission complaint paint defect Windstar recall problem #18
Jun 15
Windstar LE
Automatic transmission
74,600 miles
I thought my broken axle was special, but I see from this webpage that I'm just another cog in Ford's machine. Yup, it made a sharp bang noise once in a while when I turned - but I'm a soccer mom... who knows what's lurking under those back seats...petrified french fries, soccer balls, a cannon ball that only makes noise when I turn.

I drove home from the Dells with 4 pre-teens & and an 85lb wet dog... if I heard that noise, I'm sure it just blended in with the beat of Lady Gaga and the howls from the back. It was 150 miles of Gaga, Miley and whats-his-name Bieber. Was making pretty good time too - 6 bladders all in sinc, not a single potty stop (our record is 4). No traffic, no lookyloos, we were making record time!

We got off the highway and I made an agressive mom move - I passed a putt putt truck just before the road narrowed from 4 lanes to 2, and KABLUEY. It sounded like a firecracker went off under the van and then we were doing the waltzing matilda. I felt like I was in one of those weight reduction machines my mom had in 1972. We shaked rattled and rolled. Girls screaming, dog howling... ok, not really. They were quiet for the first time all day.

I pulled on to the side of the road, thinking I'd blown a tire and found my car now resembled a bad tinkertoy - rear tires cambered in, scratch marks on the black top. And a very obvious axle lying in the dirt, just mocking me and my bladder.

So the Idot guys came and directed traffic, friends picked us up, dirty laundry, ipods and all and it seemed like the adventure was over.

But nooooooo. I found that I'm not teh first. I'm not even the second. In the world of cool breakdowns, I am number 292 according to NHTSA.gov. In fact I'm # 15 in June! That's right - almost 1.4 Windstar axles break EVERY DAY and Ford doesn't think there's thing wrong.

I put on my mamabear hat and called Ford - not the "very nice, but can't help you" customer service folks - I called the executive office. Now, I'm grateful for the $500 they offered toward my bill, but I'm still ticked! I don't want to be IN a Windstar and I certainly don't want to be BEHIND one when their axle decides to take a powder and they do the shimmy to the side of the road. I learned how to drive in "adverse" conditions (dad was a safety engineer) but not everyone has (witness the Windstar driver who managed to roll her Windstar TWICE after the axle broke). But fear not, Ford says that the rear axle doesn't affect your ability to control the vehicle. The hell it doesn't.

It was like driving on a washboard dirt road after an ice storm in a 1976 banana yellow Honda rollerskate...without the $10 riding on whether you could get through it without spinning...but I digress.

Hey Gov't Folks - this is (another) accident waiting to happen. You opened the investigation on May 10 w 234 incidents. You've had 57 more in just 41 days - you don't need four months to see that this is a problem. Make Ford turn over their repair data and get this recall DONE.
- Carolyn G., Deer Park, IL, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #17
Jun 15
Windstar LE
Automatic transmission
74,600 miles

My axle broke yesterday while returning from a 150 mile trip. I was lucky that it broke on a side road, and not on the highway.

According to Edmunds.com, the NHTSA (NHTSA.gov) opened an investigation on May 10, 2010 with 234 complaints of broken axles on 1999-2003 Windstars. It's because the axle is a "U" shape, with holes that allow salt water (in winter) to get inside the axle and rust it from the inside out.

Ford will not help repair my car because it's out of warranty. I have contacted my local news "investigative reporters".

It only takes a few minutes to file a report w/ NHTSA - I encourage everyone to do so, in hopes of a recall. No one has been killed YET but I can easily see a broken axle causing a fatal accident.
- Carolyn G., Deer Park, IL, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #16
Jun 18
Windstar SE V6
Automatic transmission
91,000 miles
Driving on the parkway, 50 miles an hour. With no warning I heard a thump and my car started spinning out of control. My axel snapped in half. I nearly flipped over. It was scary. I had it towed and need to have the axle replaced. I came online to get an idea of the cost and instead of finding out what to expect the cost will be I found out that this is a reoccurring problem. There needs to be an investigation!!
- Debbie D., Kings Park, NY, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #15
Jun 05
Windstar LX 6 cyl
Automatic transmission
151,000 miles
had read about this. left van with my mechanic. Sure enough- axle is cracked. Called three Ford service centers. All clueless about problem existing. Any hope for a recall as of yet?
- Valerie B., Rocky Point, NY, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #14
Apr 08
Windstar
Automatic transmission
106,000 miles
You would think Ford would want to address this problem before someone is hurt or killed.
- fredpa, Hermitage, PA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #13
Mar 25
Windstar 3.8L V6
Automatic transmission
105,000 miles

Wife driving on the highway with my daughter, when she noticed the back end swerving back and forth. She said it was hard to keep the car straight, as if there had been a blowout. When she was able to pull over, she noticed a burning rubber smell, and called me.
When I arrived at the vans location, the back wheels were both caved in, with the tops rubbing against the inside of the wheel well. Amazed, I looked under the car and saw the rear axle was completely broken, almost dead center. What is even more amazing is the number of similar complaints I found when I checked the internet. Google images yielded numerous pictures of broken axles that looked exactly the same as mine.
The van being eight years old, with 100,000+ miles, I normally would have opted for a salvage axle. But since this seems to be a recurring problem, I decided not to risk it and had a local body shop install a new axle.
You should expect various failures with a vehicle of this age and this amount of miles. Until now, this has been a very reliable van (original owner).
Fortunately my wife is very level headed, not prone to panic, and the traffic that day was light. Under different circumstances, this could have had horrific results. Rear axles should not simply break in two. Even if the van had been subject to abuse (which it has not), there are many many other components that should have failed before the axle. I feel a failure of this level needs to be addressed by Ford, there most certainly needs to be a recall.
- Jay W., Vandalia, OH, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #12
Mar 23
Windstar SE V6
Automatic transmission
89,000 miles
I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE ENTIRE REAR SUSPENSION JUST FELL OUT FROM UNDER THE CAR, WHILE DRIVING @60MPH. RESULTING IN LOSING CONTROL OF THE CAR AND SMASHING HEADFIRST INTO A CEMENT BARRIER,AIRBAG POPPING, ENTIRE FRONT END OF MY CAR GONE, AND OF COURSE, MY INS, CO TOTALING OUT MY CAR;DID I MENTION THE VAN WAS FINANCED THEREFORE I AM OUT OF A VEHICLE. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FORD FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL CAR THAT WAS RELIABLE,AND THANK YOU FORD FOR THE EXPENSIVE CAR RENTAL FEES THAT I NOW WILL BE PAYING FOR, EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T AFFORD THEM, ALONG WITH THE FACT THAT I STILL NEED A WORK VAN THAT I ALSO CAN'T AFFORD RIGHT NOW BUT NEED.THANK YOU FORD FOR THAT 2002 WINDSTAR THAT ALMOST GOT ME KILLED!!!!
- Omar M., Piscataway, NJ, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #11
Mar 15
Windstar 3.8L
Automatic transmission
52,000 miles
Just driving down the road and on left turns heard unusual noises coming from the rear of the vehicle. Returned to work and looked under the car and visibly saw that the rear axle had cracked and split in half. The right rear wheel was cocked into the fender well where the tire was rubbing on the inside of the well and had worn the tire to the white wall. So far the cost of repair has been minimal - 125.00 (for towing and weld on axle) but I haven't taken it in to the dealership to have the complete repair estimated. I'm sure it's not going to be cheap as all parts have to be shipped to the island and paid for prior to installation.
- patriciaj, Christiansted, Virgin Islands, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #10
Mar 15
Windstar SE
Automatic transmission
105,000 miles
My wife told me she heard a rubbing noise in the rear of her van. I quickly noticed the left rear wheel was tilted in from the top. My first thought was what a broken tie rod end looks like on the front of a rear wheel drive car. I thought since this Windstar is front wheel drive, it is probably a worn wheel bearing or some sort of broken control arm. I jacked it up and tried to wiggle the wheel. No play in the wheel, so I pulled the tire. After inspection, I was amazed to see the axle was almost completely broken about 8 inches left of center. I figured she must of hit a major pot hole or something. She says she did not. I can see when mechanical parts fail or wear out, but why would an axle just break under normal driving? I'm relieved that this did not result in an accident.
- Jon E., Mount Vernon, Ohio, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #9
Dec 25
Windstar SE 3.8L
Automatic transmission
80,000 miles

After leaving my in-laws for Christmas our 2002 Ford Windstar's rear axle snapped in half, lucky I was in the city and was driving at 30 miles an hour but the noise it made was a loud screeching noise so the kids started screaming, once I pulled the car over and went to see I noticed the rear axle snapped. We had this Windstar for around 6 years now and never had any life threatening issues till this. We called our auto insurance company and are waiting on them with a appraiser. I did a search on you tube and found this happened to two other people, here is that link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suNu9d7EjmU
PLEASE if you have a windstar get this checked out as soon as possible you don't want this to happen to you and your family. VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!
- Sergio S., Colonia, New Jersey, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #8
Oct 25
Windstar V6
Automatic transmission
113,000 miles
I am in the process of filing a formal complaint with the NHTSA and thought this may be something you would want to look into. Here is the story…..

Yesterday my wife, my best friend and my two twin daughters were driving back from Iola, WI. My best friend’s parents live there and we make a yearly trek out there to enjoy the fall festivities. On our way back home we had just come across the Wakota bridge at exit 65 (494 West) when the rear axle of our Ford Windstar instantly snapped sending our van into a power slide at 70 miles and hour and facing us into oncoming traffic. I fought for control and was able to keep the van from rolling over and steered it onto exit 66. It was nothing shy of a miracle that my family, friend and I were not killed nor did we kill anyone else.

Shortly after a man in a black Chevy SUV stopped to help us. Shortly after that a state trooper and a man who works at a local Auto body shop stopped as well. Upon inspection of the minivan we noticed the rear axle was cleanly broken. Neither the auto body guy, the state trooper or the tow truck driver from Dick’s towing service had ever seen anything like it. I had the van towed to Z-Tech on Old Shakopee road where my brother in-law works as a mechanic. Him and the crew at Z-Tech again said that this was something they have never seen. They said “rear axles don’t break!” My insurance adjuster today also reviewed the mini van and had the same reaction.

I looked this up on the internet and see that many others have experienced this same situation (i.e. the rear axle just giving out). I have pictures and I am currently in the process of filing a formal complaint with the NHTSA (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/). Please make the effort to file your complaints someone else and their family may not be so lucky.

Our minivan has been regularly serviced, has never been in a crash or a fender bender and has never gone off-road where something could have damaged the rear axle. Very, very scary!

Update from Oct 29, 2009:
After filing a formal complaint with NHTSB I also filed a formal complaint with Ford. Our insurance company "totaled" our vehicle as the damages due to the rear axle snapping exceeded $6000.00.

I contacted our local media and our story was picked up by Channel 5 Eyewitness News (KSTP) in Minneapolis. After much investigation by our insurance company and our auto mechanic it appears that there is a design flaw in the rear axle of the vehicle. If you inspect the axle cloosley you will see that there are two large holes on the underside of the axle. These holes are in the design, bbut alllow moisture, salt, sand, etc. to get into the axle and rust it from the inside out. This weakens the structure internally and causes the axle to snap without warning.

I highly recommend that you have a regular inspection of your rear axle to determine how much it has deteriorated. This is not normal "wear and tear" and even if you get a replacement axle with the same design iit is subject to happen again.
- derickw, Lakeville, MN, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #7
Sep 29
Windstar LX
Automatic transmission
101,000 miles
my wife called me this morning and said that the van was swerving all over the road like it had a flat tire , she pulled over to see and the tires were fine. so she called me when she got to work and i along with her father came to check it out and we thought that it was in the suspension by the way the tires were sitting. so i crawled under the van and the metal was split in half front to back with less than a inch holding it together. now i cant find one, and dont know what to do about it.
- toole, Kenna, WV, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #6
Aug 18
Windstar LX V6
Automatic transmission
153,000 miles
WHEN DRIVING MY 2002 FORD WINDSTAR MINI VAN ON THE HIGHWAY WE NOTICED A LOUD SLAMMING NOISE FROM THE REAR CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO LOSE CONTROL, SWERVING TO THE RIGHT SHOULDER AND STALLING WITH THE TAIL END STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TWO LANE HIGHWAY, AS THE TRACTOR TRAILER BEHIND US WHO WAS VERY ALERT NEARLY MISSED A REAR END COLLISION WITH OUR VEHICLE. UPON INSPECTION OF THE UNDERSIDE OF THE VEHICLE WE NOTICED THE REAR AXLE BEAM WAS SPLIT IN TWO, RUSTED AND ROTTED OUT AND HANGING TO THE GROUND, A TOW TRUCK WAS NOTIFIED AND THE OPERATOR STARED IN DISBELIEF THAT THE AXLE HAD BROKEN IN HALF. THIS OBVIOUS DEFECT COULD HAVE COST US OUR LIVES. THIS DEFECT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY BEFORE A SOME LIVES ARE LOST AS A RESULT OF THE FORD WINDSTAR REAR AXLE BEAM BREAKING WHILE OCCUPANTS AND PASSENGERS ARE RIDING IN THIS VEHICLE. THIS INDCIDENT WAS REPORTED TO THE FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANCE CENTER AND THEY TOOK THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE VEHICLE AND THE NATURE OF THE COMPLAINT ADVISING ME TO SPEAK TO A FORD SERVICE MANGER AND FOR THE DEFECTIVE VEHICLES BROKEN AXLE TO BE INSPECTED BY A FORD DEALER.FORDS CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE REP ADVISED ME NOT TO RETURN A CALL TO THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE INCIDENT ON FILE AND THE FORD SERVICE MANAGER WOULD FOLLOW UP ON THE COMPLAINT. UPON SPEAKING TO THE FORD SERVICE MANAGER HE ASKED A BOUT THE TYPE OF PROBLEM YEAR AND MODEL OF THE VEHICLE. BEING A 2002 WINDSTAR WITH 153,000 MILES HE STATED THAT BECAUSE OF THE MILEAGE AND THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE FORD WOULD NOT ASSIST ME IN GETTING THIS SITUATION RESOLVED. HE ALSO STATED THAT THE COST TO REPAIR THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE 5 HOURS LABOR CHARGE @ $100.00 PER HOUR AND THE COST OF THE AXLE BEAM WOULD BE $500.00 PLUS WHAT EVER OTHER DAMAGES INCURRED. AS THESE WOULD BE MY OUT OF POCKET COSTS PLUS A $275.00 TOW CHARGE. NEEDLESS TO SAY HOW COSTLY THIS EVENT BECAME AS WELL AS THE POSSIBLE WORST CASE SCENARIO A FATAL ACCIDENT COULD HAVE OCCURRED AS A RESULT OF THIS DEFECT. THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED.
- Steven W., Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #5
Aug 19
Windstar LX 3.8L
Automatic transmission
61,000 miles
After having another problem fixed on my Windstar, I did a generaL search on the web looking for recalls etc. I came across Autobeef and read about the other unfortunate owners of Windstars that had the rear axle break on them. I figured it was probably a rare problem so I really didn't pay too much attention to it. The next day I started hearing a metallic cracking sound each time I took a sharp right hand turn in the Windstar. I parked the car, crawled under and found a 2 inch crack in my axle!! $785 dollars later I have a new axle in the car and the car is safe...for now. Also register a complaint with Ford. Not expecting to get much of a response from them. Thank you Autobeef. If It wasn't for this website, I would have never thought to check the axle for problems
- billbug, Sprinfgffield, MA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #4
Aug 05
Windstar LX 3.8L
Automatic transmission
114,000 miles
I ordered a new axle. List price 483.32 I plan to install it this weekend.Pretty simple to do.The thing that really troubles me is this problem Is going to kill someone.I contacted Ford and they seemed more interested in selling me a new car then fixing this problem.I have been an A.S.E master technician for 25 yrs.The steel being used in cars today is much thinner than it used to be.Just wait until the new fuel standards take place.You cannot get 35mpg and seat 7 people without making them cheaper.
- John V., Barberton, OH, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #3
Jul 16
Windstar LX
Automatic transmission
108,000 miles
My rear axle broke in half at approx. 30 MPH. This is a family vehicle used for vacations and all sorts of things that require having lots of people in the van. This time it was only me and I can only imagine the possible outcome if I was on the highway at 70 - 80 MPH with the whole family. Ford refuses to acknowledge there is a defect even though they sell 3 to 4 times as many rear axles for this vehicle than any other. My mechanic said it was defective without question. I am filing a claim against ford and any one else who has had this issue should too. It is the only way they will respond.
- lambertod, West Boylston, MA, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #2
Sep 03
Windstar
Automatic transmission
96,000 miles
click to see larger images

Could have been on a highway when this happened.
Real safety issue
- Bill F., Long Valley, NJ, USA
Send Comment Add Complaint problem #1
Jun 30
Windstar
Automatic transmission
70,000 miles
click to see larger images

Similar complaint as others in this category, except I caught mine before the beam completely snapped in two. My wife heard the rear of the van "clunking" when she made right turns and going into and out of the driveway. I removed the rear tires and brake drums to see if there was something loose there, but found nothing. Had the wife drive in and out of driveway until I narrowed down the location of the sound and crawled under with a flash light and found the crack (photo one). Took it to the local Ford dealer for repair and got the same "Gosh, we've never seen that before" song and dance that others have heard. My wife was very upset and called the Ford customer complaint line. They told us they would investigate and get back to us. When the customer complaint line called the dealer's service center the manager of the shop said that the damage was caused by improper jacking of the van. Citing the "marks" in the axle as the spot where the damage originated - you can see the "dimple" on the second photo to the right of the crack. Ford, of course, refused to pay based on the "improper jacking" comment. This didn't sit well with me, and so the day after the van came out of the shop, I took a mirror and flashlight to see what the new axle looks like. Lo and behold the new one has the same "dimples" (third photo). These are machining marks left from the stamping process when the axle was formed. Now quite irritated, I call the service manager back and give him an earful, he calls customer service and Ford still refuses to pay saying the van is 8 years old and those things happen...well the van is not quite 6 years old and these things shouldn't happen.... Now I am waiting to hear what the "zone manager" says about the repair...then it'll be the district manager and so on and so on...
- pcook, Stow, Ohio, USA

作者:无忌海归主坛 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

上一次由无忌于2012-10-17 周三, 10:42修改,总共修改了1次

相关主题
[转帖]原油危机解决了!钍燃料汽车 充一次电能开一辈子 今日新闻 海归商务 2011-8-14 周日, 14:06
【今日感慨】世界末日前的狂欢:吃美国饭,进希腊餐,讲英国话,开德国车,品法... 海归商务 2011-3-13 周日, 07:31
【今日感慨之二】希腊美食,意大利红酒,苏格兰威士忌,法国白兰地,德国战车,... 海归商务 2011-2-09 周三, 04:06
[转帖]小偷逃跑时穿马路翻护栏撞到汽车死亡,司机无责仍要赔偿3万6。这是立... 海归主坛 2009-9-02 周三, 16:59
【今夜感慨】谈谈加州汽车玻璃贴膜法律 海归商务 2011-4-06 周三, 08:37
[转帖/节略] 宝马2009新款跑车:Hardtop Z4 生活风情 2009-7-31 周五, 03:32
[转帖]感谢你在寂寞日子里勾引我老公 海归酒吧 2007-4-10 周二, 01:58
[转帖]北京真牛!看看这些开“特权车”的人有多嚣张 海归酒吧 2006-9-04 周一, 11:24

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 无忌离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归主坛           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 可以 发表活动帖子, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.