海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 洋海龟闯荡神州系列:为什么不愿回美国?
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 洋海龟闯荡神州系列:为什么不愿回美国?   
所跟贴 I have to say this is a bit BS -- Xiamen-Ren - (204 Byte) 2004-4-26 周一, 23:35 (434 reads)
wanderer
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2004/02/20
文章: 1232

海归分: 168152

文章标题: 不要以偏盖全 (504 reads)      时间: 2004-4-28 周三, 07:41   

作者:wanderer海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

现在有近一百万老外在中国工作,他们之中有各式各样的人,都有每人各自不同的处境,其中有的在各方面可能还不如你我的状况。有人是为了生活,但也有人是喜欢为变化中的中国出点力、、、

我们在海外时要求别人不要戴着有色眼睛看我们,那么我们是不是也应该如此做?

这里再给你看一位在安徽淮北工作的老外的贴子:

Friday, Feb. 27, 2004

I usually go to Zhu Zhong, a very large middle school here in Huaibei, about once a week where I spend about two and a half hours lecturing about learning English and allowing the students to ask me a multitude of questions. In return for my dedication and patience, the leaders of the middle school will take me to one of the finer restaurants here, and treat me grandiosely with a twenty to thirty course meal with plenty of baijiu.

Two years ago, when I began this off campus shindig, I could have accepted money, but because I like to eat and drink and be socialable rather than holing up inside my apartment like psychotic shrew, I made this offer to the leaders and they immediately accepted.

Yesterday, I went to Zhu Zhong, entered the caverness auditiorium with the red banner stating WELCOME MR HANK,and then, finally, I just let it all hang out. I was not angry, but I presented my little whining spill in such a manner that it definitely surprised the leaders, the teachers, and the students. Here's what I said verbatim:

"Hi, my name is Hank Jones. I am a foreigner. I am forty three years old. I am from the United States. I teach literature at Mei Shu Yuan (Huaibei Coal Industry Teachers College), but that's not important. What is important is that I want you to know that I am human. For you see, if you can't see me as human, then you really can't understand English, the world, but worse, you present a very bad image. I hope today you will be polite enough to listen to my story. It's not a happy story, but it's real. This is something you won't hear on television or even in your newspapers. I am telling you this because I want you to know that I am human, and being human means I have emotions.

When I first came to China and to Huaibei in August 2000, I enjoyed teaching, and I still do. The people in your city and even the people on my campus laughed at me relentlessly, stared of course, and taunted and jeered me. I didn't like it of course, but I had to live with it, just as I do now. I stayed for a year, and then during that year, I met my wife, who was a student then. We fell in love, but I had to return to the states and I did.

While I was away, my future wife was taunted and harassed for her relationship with me. So, seven months later, I returned, and I did get my revenge against those bad students who had treated her that way.

Well, now here it is 2004 and guess what? I have survived here in Huaibei for almost 4 years now, and guess what? Most of the people have not changed in their behavior. Why do they treat me and worse treat my wife in such a manner? I think they aren't educated about behaving civilly. I have sat on buses where a father will encourage his children to laugh at me. My wife and I can't go to a restaurant unless we are assured that we can get a private room. When my wife and I go outside together, and we hold hands, she is looked at in a most disgusting manner. I have had children spit on me; I have had children say in Chinese, which by the way, I am understanding more and more, 'Waiguoren kao ni mama.'(The crowd gasped)

Your television station has a promotion for the City of Huaibei: An International Business City. Huaibei isn't an international business city, and probably won't be one anytime soon as long as its residents behave in an uncivil manner toward foreigners.

If you can't remember any of what I just said, or can't understand it, then I hope you'll remember this: Foreigners are human, and since they are human, you should treat them in civil manner like you do other Chinese. This isn't about politics or culture -- it's about decency and treating those that are different from you civilly. Sorry, I won't apologize.

Yes, there are some things I have benefited from here in your country as a foreigner, but to just step outside and be treated constantly like a monkey in a zoo and have my wife treated worse is something I cannot, and I will not, tolerate any longer.

To those whom make the assumption that 'they are just curious' I don't believe it. I know curiousity and I know rude behavior, and so do you."

After my lil' speech Mr. Zhou talked to me later.

"You know my wife and I have often discussed about how difficult it must for you to live here," Mr. Zhou said, as we watched the students playing in the court yard from the fifth floor balcony.

"Well, Mr. Zhou, it's not been easy by any means. I often question if I am truly an idiot for putting up with it so long," I replied.

"Ahh well, I don't believe many foreigners would put up with it as long as you have. In fact, they would probably leave after one year, if not before then."

"I think it's about time they were told about this."

"I agree. I know when I went to study in Austrailia two years ago. I was treated quite well. I can' t imagine how it feels to have to endure that constantly."

"It never stops -- never."

"I hope one day our people can become better educated and better behaved. You know Huaibei is a closed city.

"I know, but this behavior isn't just in Huaibei. It's in varying degrees all over China."

"I know."

"Well, Beijing in 2008 ought to be interesting. Don't you think so?"

"Yes. What do you mean?"

"Well, when people come to the Olympics, they will travel, not just in Beijing, but outside Beijing. Now, what do you think will happen?"

"I don't want to think."

"Mr Zhou, isn't that the problem?"

作者:wanderer海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:呼叫中心的菲律宾MM (ZT) 海归论坛 2004-9-25 周六, 13:52
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:看牙医 海归论坛 2004-4-04 周日, 13:36
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:年轻人志在东方 海归论坛 2004-3-14 周日, 08:22
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的上海“好莱坞”经历 海归论坛 2004-3-10 周三, 06:15
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:在华为的老印之中国印象 -- 过节般的食物 战士般的工... 海归论坛 2004-3-07 周日, 13:49
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:爱琳在上海的新起点 (ZT) 海归论坛 2004-3-04 周四, 16:55
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的秘密任务 (1) 海归论坛 2004-3-03 周三, 05:43
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:序 海归论坛 2004-3-03 周三, 05:08

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 wanderer离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.