海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 新海归系列:两岸婚姻:易趣网创办人与英文小魔女 (转贴)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 新海归系列:两岸婚姻:易趣网创办人与英文小魔女 (转贴)   
所跟贴 What Bao Jia Xin wrote about Shao Yi Bo in her biography and her perception about Chinese students -- shanice - (3811 Byte) 2004-5-26 周三, 01:40 (1422 reads)
Hoobastank
[博客]
[个人文集]

游客

文章标题: my 2 cents (1342 reads)      时间: 2004-5-26 周三, 05:49      

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

i don’t doubt that shao yi bo is a prodigy and is a very successful entrepreneur. also i tend to acknowledge that there are a lot of talents from mainland of china. but i would like to point the fact that talents are in every country as well.
IMHO, obviously getting high score from those TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, LAST standardized tests deserves some credits. It shows people’s determination and willingness to put in efforts to improve themselves. The test measures understanding in grammars, comprehension and certain amount of logical thinking and analytical skill. Nonetheless,doing well in those tests doesn’t reflect one’s intelligence accurately and thoroughly in a quantitive way like that. The argument would extend to a point that mastering English is not equal to being smart, it just means an individual is literate in English. I think people in mainland of china just exaggerated the importance of English skill. basically English is a tool in your own skill set, nothing more nothing less. But I still emphasis possession of good command of English for an educated professional regardless where you are.
In terms of talents, I have seen too many bright and exceptional individuals in colleges and work places, they are from difference ethical groups and background. People make their footprints by what they achieve and contribute to the world instead of what they get on score card. Since I am from technology field, I would like to give a few examples from this field. Bill Joy, the guy sun co-founder I admire the most. He wrote vi, csh. He did a lot of leg work for TCP/IP in bsd distribution, in his early 30s he wrote whole bunch of stuff includes NFS in solaris OS, SPARC chip design. Later on co-creator for java, jini. Larry wall, perl creator, awesome piece of fine craft’s father. Shawn fanning, Napster creator, when he was 21 he wrote this nice p2p work, it was pretty cool stuff. Bram cohen, bittorrent creator, 20s something, file sharing piece of work’s father, well done in python, splendid. My point is that maybe we should focus what we can do instead of what we can get from standardized tests; we should focus on how to achieve and advance in science and technology which are fundamental to this world than bragging around our “high score” .
i don’t mind that people are bragging, it is just human nature. But talk is cheap, show me what you got. the bottom line is that without innovation and creativity there is really nothing left for bullshitting . I firmly believe that respect is gained by showing what you can do instead of what you can say, let’s go back to fundamental of the game.

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
人物:【漂亮照片】黄永玉:大宅、荷花、龙床—— 文/韩雨亭(转贴) 海归茶馆 2007-3-29 周四, 00:33
网络游戏业:大型策划:中国网络游戏市场投资泥沼 (转贴) 海归论坛 2004-11-16 周二, 10:58
网络游戏业:大型策划:中国网络游戏市场投资泥沼 (转贴) 创业论坛 2004-11-16 周二, 10:50
了解中国系列:北京稀缺性生活和文化生活(转贴) 海归茶馆 2004-7-02 周五, 04:22
国内新闻:上海移动:手机发布黄色短信号码立废(转帖)——以后短信里,不能有... 海归主坛 2010-1-18 周一, 03:21
问个问题:海归(中国籍)子女(外籍)在华长期居留的手续 海归主坛 2010-1-07 周四, 10:07
逗你玩系列:【视频】雷人的英文版《上海滩》The Beach of Sha... 海归茶馆 2009-2-24 周二, 00:30
通告:海归网北京元宵节聚会地点(已删) 海归茶馆 2008-2-21 周四, 02:07

返回顶端
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.