海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 打劫 …. When Jlink was robbed….
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 打劫 …. When Jlink was robbed….   
jlink
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/02/22
文章: 1048
来自: Shenzhen
海归分: 106229

文章标题: 打劫 …. When Jlink was robbed…. (1789 reads)      时间: 2004-6-18 周五, 15:36

作者:jlink海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

1992. I graduated from a third tier mid-west university in the US. NO job, no money, no experiences and NO HOPE. The only thing I had in a time of recession was a useless MBA degree and extremely low self-esteem. How could I even possibly bring up that I have a Masters Degree in Finance and knows the M&M theory inside out, when I was applying for a job as a kitchen chef?
I had to take many part-time jobs to have my ends met. At one point, I had 4 part-time jobs at the same time. They were accounting clerk for a small tax firm, kitchen chef for an oriental food bar in Kroger, waiter in a Chinese restaurant, and night desk receptionist in a Indian owned motel.

In that hotel, right there, I was robbed… in a funny way.

My shift run from 9:00 pm until next morning around 7:00 am. I only worked 3 days in a week, so that I could take other jobs. The motel was in downtown area of a small town with about 50,000 people. It was not the best area, but no major crime center as well.
There were two windows in the reception room of the motel: one was a drive-through, and the other was the one facing a small lobby, which is accessible by the building door made of glass. All I had to do is just sitting behind the drive through window of the small motel office and check the guests in and out; but occasionally, there were customers coming through the office door and came close to the lobby window for checking ins. In most of the time, it was quite. And I could watch TV or read something.

One night around 3:00 am, I was watching TV and finishing up my midnight snack. I brought Chinese food from the restaurant I just worked before coming to the motel. There were a whole box of beef, veggies and a few egg-rolls.
A white car stopped in front of our office building. I saw a white man, bony and pale, stepping into the lobby and approaching the lobby window. “It’s a late customer”, that was the first thing popping up to my mind. I stopped eating and left my desk, came close to the lobby window and asked what I could help him.
Instead, I saw a hand gun pointing at my head, exactly at the place between my eyes! My mind and thought and breath went blank for a few seconds. I was speechless.

Quickly, I came to realize it is a robbery. I told myself I must be very calm, very very calm. I must do whatever he asked me to do. The robber told me to empty the cash register. I did it slowly. There were only about 100 dollar in the register. So, he was disappointed and asked where the rest of the cash are. I told him that they are all I had. He obviously believed me. Then he asked where is the owner of the motel. The owner just lives and sleeps next to the office. I, then, was asked to knock the door to his bedroom at the gunpoint.
After a few round of knocks on the door, the owner, still in this half sleep, opened the door separating the office from this bedroom. At that point, the robber was already inside the office. When the Indian guy saw the gun, he, to my surprise, closed the door in a split of second. And ran away like a rabbit! Gee, he was quick!
The robber, obviously, was shocked too. He hesitated a little bit, and turned around, grab whatever cash still left on the table and ran out of the office door to the lobby. All that happened within 10 seconds and I was doing nothing but watching. In the whole time, I was very coorporative and calm, indeed.
When the robber was about to leave the lobby, he turned around again, and waved to me and said “Bye”.
Out of blue, I responded with something I would never forget: “Would you , would you….like to have an egg roll?” “No, thanks.” He replied and left with his white car.

作者:jlink海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖]世界著名的大哲学家、美学家、书画艺术家的巨额财产在广东省内反复被抢劫 海归茶馆 2016-7-14 周四, 14:40
[讨论] 世界著名的大哲学家、美学家、书画艺术家的巨额财产 在广东省内反复被抢劫 海归茶馆 2016-7-06 周三, 20:53
世界著名的大哲学家、美学家、书画艺术家的巨额财产在广东省内反复被抢劫 海天文学 2016-5-28 周六, 11:11
[其它]世界著名的大哲学家、美学家、书画艺术家的巨额财产在广东省内反复被抢劫 海归茶馆 2016-5-21 周六, 17:09
[讨论]世界著名的大哲学家、美学家、书画艺术家的巨额财产在广东省内反复被抢劫 美丽沙龙 2016-5-21 周六, 14:02
[转帖]] 美国华裔男子遭劫拔枪自卫 5歹徒1死4伤 人民网 海归茶馆 2016-2-10 周三, 20:47
中国开始第四轮财富大洗劫,自己看看吧 海归茶馆 2015-10-24 周六, 22:59
[转帖]中国迷晕党横行巴黎 2华妇专迷晕老人洗劫 世界新闻网 海归茶馆 2015-9-03 周四, 00:36

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 jlink离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.