海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [原创]Few points to make regarding John's letter..
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [原创]Few points to make regarding John's letter..   
天凉好个哈糗

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 教授

加入时间: 2006/03/27
文章: 731

海归分: 69072

文章标题: [原创]Few points to make regarding John's letter.. (1390 reads)      时间: 2008-10-05 周日, 12:44

作者:天凉好个哈糗海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

1. Iceland offered guarantee on all size of the deposits so that the money did not flow out of their countries to cause the potential bank run.
As John pointed out, for now between EU countries and US, which one u would like to deposit you money in? Probably still in the US. That is why what we are seeing now is the EU banks got hit by a silent run from depositors. However the picture is going to change if more and more Governments are starting to make the promise of guarantees in EU cos of the easy Game Theory oriented move, US’s new 250,000 limit is definitely not enough to keep the fund.
So all in all, we are probably going to see the insurance to be expanded to all the deposits of all size worldwide (Western disaster world, that of course), to restore the confidence of depositors.
Two things need to be noted: A. Time horizon of this deposit guarantee. This will not be made FOREVER but rather for a period of time, say maybe 6 months to 1 year. B. What the Iceland government is not doing correctly might be that they also include the new deposit under the scheme, which I would suggest to be only the existing ones. And that should also be the case for other countries.

2. Personally I do not like Buffett at all. Don’t get me wrong, I respected what he has done but he is just not my cup of tea, again personally only. But I have to say what a SUPER FANTASTIC deals that he got from both GE and GS… I envied the deals that he did, completely. You can never get deals better than that, ie buying the best quality of the companies @ a distressed level and having them giving you warrants right in the money for a time value of up to 5 YEARS, 5 YEARS! A delta around 55 call option with 5 years to expire for a best financial firm in the world and in history.
Fcuk, that is such a good deal.
But if you look at the other side of coin, u can see how bad the picture is. Even GS and GE have to pay the piker that much to get the fund, how frozen our credit market is?

3. Relaxing mark to market?
I am strongly on the other side of this. Adding this on now might not be a necessary method to avert the crisis since you stock price has been down a good % from the peak now (Got more to fall, that I know my friends). But try to make it a good rule to keep, as not to mark to the market any more is never acceptable for a simple reason. On the bull way up, u marked all ur shits to the market to gain huge amount of bonus but for now, when it comes to the bear one, u tried not to mark ‘em fairly at all? I would say that is the only deal that I can think of better than Buffett’s one.
Stop selling me the idea that it is needed for now cos we need to buy time for the banks, stop ur bull sh1ts on this please cos even if we loose this, it is not gonna help too much to solve the urgency of frozen credit market, it is just a way from those greedy guys to try to take advantage of this rescue plan.
That is NOT URGENT at all!!!

作者:天凉好个哈糗海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[原创][猜谜]美国影星John Travolta主演过那部华人名导演电影? 海归茶馆 2015-4-14 周二, 21:10
[原创]创业日记-379 (纪念John) 海归商务 2013-6-27 周四, 10:50
[原创]唐炜臻said he can make 1% profit eac... 海归主坛 2009-3-23 周一, 14:39
自创语录系列 - If you can't make love, then... 海归酒吧 2007-1-02 周二, 20:18
[阿草/创业/电话营销(002)] Prepare Like John R... 海归酒吧 2006-11-06 周一, 20:24
[原创] -公司招聘:提供个人灵活副业岗位 海归招聘 2024-4-26 周五, 09:14
[原创]招聘华人,线上客服,店铺运营专员,订单处理客服 海归招聘 2024-4-25 周四, 13:47
[原创] -自由灵活的第二职业(part time) 海归招聘 2024-4-25 周四, 00:33

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 天凉好个哈糗离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.