Looking for senior engineering manager role for a world leading Internet company, offer attractive pay and stock. Location is Shanghai.
you will lead a team of Java Developers to develop and release of complex application software. You are expected to help the team to deliver secure, robust, scalable and efficient code to meet the customer requirements. You must be a team player who is self-motivated, works independently, have a “can-do” attitude.
You will be responsible for managing the team working on projects, tracking and monitoring milestones and deliverables and ensuring that the correct methodologies and working practices are implemented across the team.
• Manage the internal tools team to deliver required complex application that fits to the customer requirements and released with customer satisfaction;
• Ensure that projects move through the Product Life Cycle (PLC) smoothly and that milestones are accomplished and schedules achieved on time with high quality standard in mind;
• Adhere to the Agile Development methodology.
• Provide direction to others, ensuring completion of assigned software development projects within appropriate schedule, setting tasks and quality guidelines, and allocating resources to project tasks; Provide cost estimates and resource plans; Monitor progress and communicate the status to upper management.
• Ensure that the team has appropriate methodologies and working practices and is working in the most efficient and effective way;
• Keep abreast of current and new technology and trends via trade journals, conferences, or educational
• Build excellent working relationships with other development or testing teams, as well as product/program management team including the teams from other part of eBay organization to ensure high quality application are produced;
• Establish a creative and productive environment through effective team coaching with ongoing appraisal of team member's individual performances, helping them to work towards their own continuous personal and career development; Assist with budget and salary responsibilities as needed.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the development operation and the organization as needed.
• Excellent knowledge of general software development methodologies
• Previous experience in leading and managing development team (preferably an Agile team);
• Working knowledge of various relational databases, programming languages and operating systems
• Working knowledge of Java framework technologies (Struts, Spring, etc…)
• Working knowledge of current and emerging technologies, tools, methodologies, and impact to the development operation
• Demonstrated experience with leading projects and an ability to execute and deliver results in a timely and effective manner with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under tight time constraints
• Strong team building, organization and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Organized, independent, and self-motivated
• Demonstrated effective budget management
• Expert project management skills
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
• 8 years related experience in tech industry; with hands on experience in Java development;
• 3+ years of experience of managing development team