海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [原创][炒冷饭]我的新年决心(new year resolution)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [原创][炒冷饭]我的新年决心(new year resolution)   
Haven
[博客]

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2006/09/16
文章: 923

海归分: 14339

文章标题: [原创][炒冷饭]我的新年决心(new year resolution) (1556 reads)      时间: 2009-8-20 周四, 22:29

作者:Haven海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

没错,现在是夏天。不知道有多少人会去check自己的新年决心是否执行了。近日翻看以前的blog文章,找到了这篇。贴出来炒炒冷饭。

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I haven't really penned down my new year resolution. But this article from Runner's world really makes my day and maybe my new year resolution is simply to appreciate how lucky I am everyday that I'm a runner and keep running (BTW I logged 30k today).

From Runner's world by Mark Remy

First Run of the Year

Everyone get a run in yesterday?

I did. And it was the most amazing run of my life.

No, nothing outwardly amazing happened—I wasn't moving very fast, didn't find a hundred dollar bill on a deserted street, wasn't running the full Boston Marathon course, like this guy did. (Although, how cool is that tradition?) My wife hadn't paid an elite to join me. The weather wasn't even that great.

It wasn't so remarkable inwardly, either. While I ran, my mind toggled through the usual laundry list of thoughts: bills to pay, projects to start (or finish), anxieties to face. Laundry. I didn't feel especially strong. I wasn't enjoying that effortless, fluid stride that sometimes comes like a gift.

I was just out there, putting in an easy 4 1/2 miles around the neighborhood on New Year's Day.

Only later, upon reflection, did it hit me: My run today was amazing not in spite of its mundane nature, but because of it.

In other words, my run today was great because it was my run. Today.

I'm one of the lucky few (and we are few, as a slice of the population) who is in on this wonderful, little secret: Running makes you feel good. It's good for you, in so many ways. And I'm doing it. I've been doing it so long, in fact, I've managed somehow to forget how incredible it is, that on any given day I can decide to go out and run, then do it. And come back feeling clearer, brighter, stronger, more relaxed.

It occurs to me that too often we take for granted these countless, everyday jaunts. The "in between" miles. We've been conditioned to see only milestone runs or marquee events as noteworthy or celebratory—running a PR, qualifying for Boston, doing a destination marathon or a relay like Hood to Coast.

All of those things are great, don't get me wrong. But as far as I'm concerned, in running as in life, true happiness lies in finding joy in seemingly smaller, more quotidian stuff. I'm not big into New Year's resolutions, but this year I just might have to adopt one: Remind myself every single day how lucky I am to be a runner.

Happy New Year, guys. Here's to many happy and healthy miles in 2009.

作者:Haven海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
几天没来,看看战况,还在炒冷饭嘛。 海归主坛 2013-10-23 周三, 20:16
炒冷饭,说英国 海归酒吧 2008-8-24 周日, 06:38
【中国股市】底部区域与投资价值(炒冷饭) 谈股论金 2008-6-06 周五, 18:57
炒冷饭,我也谈谈招聘 海归主坛 2008-6-04 周三, 04:50
[转帖]炒炒冷饭!战史为什么不宣传解放南京的部队? 海归茶馆 2007-3-29 周四, 01:23
胡说八道系列:炒冷饭,六度分割理论 海归论坛 2006-1-06 周五, 03:03
炒冷饭 -- 今天我读报 海归茶馆 2005-11-06 周日, 02:53
[原创]海归酒吧泡妞人生本质之我见---炒昨天酒吧当改名为海归男人等待被泡... 海归酒吧 2007-5-03 周四, 18:19

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 Haven离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.