海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 【来点其它的】 当一个孟加拉穆斯林女孩,准备嫁给一个白人青年后 。。。
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 【来点其它的】 当一个孟加拉穆斯林女孩,准备嫁给一个白人青年后 。。。   
唐古拉
[博客]

头衔: 海归中校

头衔: 海归中校
声望: 博导

加入时间: 2007/01/21
文章: 645

海归分: 36518

文章标题: 【来点其它的】 当一个孟加拉穆斯林女孩,准备嫁给一个白人青年后 。。。 (2075 reads)      时间: 2010-8-18 周三, 14:14

作者:唐古拉海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

SS: 出生在一个澳洲的孟加拉穆斯林家庭;
Jack, 我当年Ph.D 时的师弟,澳洲当地白人
LL: SS 的姐姐,出生在澳洲
SS 和 LL 的父亲: 一个孟加拉的社会名流,移民澳洲后,当地澳洲孟加拉社区的“领袖”

下面的信是LL发给Jack,Jack 又转发给我,征得Jack 同意后, 我摘录在此,有点长。

SS knows our father is a heart patient. He needs to undergo a surgery in a few months. I care about my parents. I owe my life to them and they care about the community. They would not be able to take it ever if there’s a bad name in the community about any of us and you can guess the respect everyone feels for my father in the Bangladeshi community. Anyone in need comes to us for advice. This is all he got in this foreign land. He left a wonderful career back at home. He was well respected all around he country. He has none of that here. No one knows him outside the Bengali community and it was all for us. He left a place he knew all through his lifetime to give us a better life. And now SS is out to take even this away from them.

I thought she was matured enough to realise that it is not always about what we feel like doing or what we consider right. Sometimes we have to sacrifice to save our loved one’s hurt. But she dones’t realise this simple thing. So what’s the harm in letting him go if it makes them happy? No matter who come in our lives. No one would ever be able to love us the way our father did and is this her way of paying him back for all the things he did for her?

Yeah, I was talking about my father’s surgey. She knows well well that he would not be able to accept any relationship with anyone who is not Bangladeshi and who is not a Muslim. He just can’t. I am going into the queston of what’s wrong and what’s right. He CANNOT accept it. Fullstop. She knew it very well. Yet, she had the gutts to email him about you and tell him that now she has the answer to her lifelong search and she is prepared to marry. He was so utterly shocked to hear that. That night he amost had an heart attack, but he was so upset at what she did. He didn’t let my mother call any of us because he felt all alone and he was really in pain. Probably SS told you that he stopped talking to her as well. Didn’t talk to her for a week or so. That would have been message enough right?? But apparently it wasn't. If she knows about how hurt our dad is about it and that he would never accept it then why did she have to tell you???

Last night Dad cried in his room with light off. That’s how hurt he was. Jack, I know there’s no point tell SS about it so I am telling you. I am only doing this to save our family or whatever is left of it. I understand. What SS is going through, I understand the hurt she is feeling. I understand how alone she is feeling right now as well. But I can’t help feeling ouraged as well. Because she could be so secretive about it. She hid it from both myself and Ifa and yet she tells me I am one of the closest persons to here.

I loved her too much once and now I am paying for it. A whole part of me is empty because she used to occupy that part. I was hurt beyond words, beyond anything. I don’t want my parents to go through the same hurt. And the same amount of pains. That’s why I had to turn to you.

Jack, I want to be the last person to interface in anyone’s happiness and I fee terrible about it. No one would be happier than me if my sister is happy and content in her life, but you can never be happy together. Because all these moments of shattered dreams and broken hearts would come in your way. And sooner or later you would regret this time.

Love is ever lasting, Jack. I am sure you know it more than me. If you both feel that much of a strong bond between you, then your feelings and your lives are worth living already. But since it will save so manty people from getting hrut, maybe it s best that you don’t contact each other anymore, not even through email. Because it would not work out. You cann’t be together or if you can be, you or at least SS, will have to pay a huge price of it. Which would never lead you to contentment, so please try to keep away from each other.

This is breaking me in two to utter these words. Because I know what it souncds like but if I had any othe ways I would have let things be other wise, but I am helpless.

Please forgive me for any amount of pains that I must have caused you.

Take care of yourself.

Love always,

LL

结果:SS, 在强大的家庭压力下,回到了家里。一段三个月的恋情,就这样无疾而终了。

作者:唐古拉海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
当地时间5月3日,巴基斯坦卡拉奇,Jamaat-ud-Dawa 组织成员为... 海归商务 2011-5-04 周三, 10:46
【阿联酋影记】迪拜,穆斯林与西方文化碰撞出的光彩 生活风情 2016-3-29 周二, 05:47
【常回家看看】鼠标画-静静的小树林+关牧村歌辑2个 高山流水 2014-2-09 周日, 14:49
【海上升明月】《中华好明月》BY 朦朦雨,黄河谣/小声音(制贴) 民歌 2011-9-13 周二, 12:39
【北京】拟上市高科技IT公司招聘 总经理秘书,女孩,英文好! 海归职场 2011-2-15 周二, 09:49
【ZT天涯重庆】“我想哭,为那个女孩,也为精神价值” 海归酒吧 2010-6-20 周日, 12:33
【明眼看中国】洋人大老爷开的汇丰银行,居然用下三滥办法欺骗中国储户,用“双... 海归茶馆 2008-12-15 周一, 09:03
【紧急!求证】最近一个月到今后一个月,广东珠三角及附近海底有没有发生,或会... 海归主坛 2008-9-09 周二, 22:34

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 唐古拉离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.