海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]2012美国移民政策的可能变化
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 投资移民           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]2012美国移民政策的可能变化   
cbp

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校
声望: 学员
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/02/12
文章: 768
来自: 加拿大
海归分: 11291

文章标题: [转帖]2012美国移民政策的可能变化 (3144 reads)      时间: 2012-1-04 周三, 21:07   

作者:cbp投资移民 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Immigration in 2011- That’s a wrap! Immigration hopes for 2012?

As we say good-bye to 2011, what have been the highlights in immigration law? Well, not a lot of good news. Alabama and some other parts of the country have seen some horrendous immigration laws come into effect. Employment enforcement has seen a record increase. E-verify drastically affected the farming and restaurant industry. A record number of people have been deported. Still no comprehensive immigration reform and the wait for Dream Act continues.
There have been some positive actions though. In my opinion, here are a few highlights:
• Prosecutorial Discretion (“PD”) was expanded in August 2011 to ensure people with low priority cases from a public security perspective are not put into removal proceedings.
• California State passed the Dream Act! This is a huge deal for Dreamers as it gives hope that the Dream Act can pass in Congress.
• The government announced that it will enable a path for entrepreneurs by allowing self-employed H1bs. In addition, entrepreneurs can now apply for a national interest waiver green card petition under the EB2 category.
• USCIS also announced the ‘entrepreneur in residence’ program. Nothing much has resulted from this but it is a dialogue that will hopefully bring about changes for entrepreneurs.
• The government is trying to improve current EB5 regulations. In particular, we hope the program will become permanent and that premium processing will be introduced soon.
• There have been several promising bills introduced in Congress (this is not a complete list- just my highlights):
o The Start-Up Act: This bill was reintroduced in 2011 (after initial introduction in 2010) with some new terms to create a new investor visa category – EB6. The minimum investment would be $100,000.00 and a creation of five new jobs. I am eagerly awaiting this to become law and have high hopes for 2012.
o The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act: This bill eliminates the employment-based per-country cap entirely by fiscal year 2015 and raises the family-sponsored per-country cap from 7% to 15%. I have some clients from India who remain in an immigration black hole, that I am hoping this bill become law in 2012.

o Visa Improvements to Stimulate International Tourism to the United States of America- VISIT USA (H.R. 3341): This bill introduces a new residential visa for people who purchase a house valued at $500,000.00 or more.
o Other bills pending are the IDEA act and American Education and Innovation Act. Both bills intend to make it easier for graduate students in (STEM) to live and work in the US.
I realize that one cannot ask for too much at one time, especially when everything in Congress is so slow moving. Otherwise, my wish list would be rather long and would include the passing of Comprehensive Immigration Reform and the Dream Act. So, I have one wish for 2012 when it comes to bills. I wish that some version of the Start-Up Act is introduced and a new EB6 visa is created as soon as possible. In my opinion, such a visa will be beneficial for the United States’ economy and for immigrants. So, here is to hoping!
Tahmina Watson is the founder of Watson Immigration Law based in downtown Seattle. She was a practicing barrister in London, UK, before immigrating to the United States herself. Tahmina has been practicing US Immigration and Naturalization law since 2006. More information about her can be found at www.watsonimmigrationlaw.com. She can be contacted directly at 206-856-3808 or email her at [email protected].

Copyright @ Watson Immigration Law

作者:cbp投资移民 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
美国移民政策如果能通过“银卡”签证,老狼的房地产生意必定财源滚滚! 美国房地产 2011-10-09 周日, 10:53
[原创]美国移民政策研究院剖析金融危机对移民的影响(Ⅳ) 海归主坛 2009-2-16 周一, 15:10
[新闻]美国移民政策研究院剖析金融危机对移民的影响(Ⅲ) 海归主坛 2009-2-11 周三, 15:21
美国移民政策研究院剖析金融危机对移民的影响(Ⅱ) 海归主坛 2009-2-06 周五, 16:27
[原创]美国移民政策研究院剖析金融危机对移民的影响(Ⅰ) 海归主坛 2009-1-22 周四, 15:07
支持双重国籍 (无绿卡让美国移民政策赶出美国的不要跟贴) 海归论坛 2006-4-12 周三, 00:31
[转帖]Peter Liu解读2014最新英国移民政策修改方案 海归主坛 2014-3-20 周四, 15:09
[转帖]看美国农民是怎么炼成千万富翁的 差距啊 海归商务 2011-5-08 周日, 02:03

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 cbp离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件 浏览发表者的主页 MSN Skype帐号
  • [转帖]2012美国移民政策的可能变化 -- cbp - (3693 Byte) 2012-1-04 周三, 21:07 (3144 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 投资移民           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 可以 发表活动帖子, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.