海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]4美元那事,哈佛教授道歉了 搜狐博客 【华人做生意还是老实一点为好】
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]4美元那事,哈佛教授道歉了 搜狐博客 【华人做生意还是老实一点为好】   
Diamondhorse

警告次数: 1

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 博导
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/11/01
文章: 4896

海归分: 442560

文章标题: [转帖]4美元那事,哈佛教授道歉了 搜狐博客 【华人做生意还是老实一点为好】 (2718 reads)      时间: 2014-12-11 周四, 11:54   

作者:Diamondhorse海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

转帖者按: 用老网站的价格做借口, 还是有点不老实? 老美教授死磕的精神, 还是比较符合他们(犹太裔)的传统。

段先生应该立即纠正网站上的价格, 不要拿其他理由来推诿。 并且, 迅速退还差额。

Harvard Business School associate professor Ben Edelman has apologized to Sichuan Garden Chinese restaurant and Ran Duan following a tense series of emails between the two parties that went viral this week.

HBS associate professor Ben Edelman criticized the restaurant and Duan, who manages the connecting Baldwin Bar, for supposedly overcharging him $4 on a recent takeout dinner order. Edelman said he had alerted local Boston authorities about Sichuan Garden's out-of-date website and Duan's initial offer to only refund him $3.

Here is Edelman's newest statement, via his personal website:

Many people have seen my emails with Ran Duan of Sichuan Garden restaurant in Brookline.

Having reflected on my interaction with Ran, including what I said and how I said it, it's clear that I was very much out of line. I aspire to act with great respect and humility in dealing with others, no matter what the situation. Clearly I failed to do so. I am sorry, and I intend to do better in the future.

I have reached out to Ran and will apologize to him personally as well.

Edelman had previously defended his email exchange with Duan in a statement to Business Insider:

I think the Boston.com piece totally misses the benefit that all diligent consumers provide in looking for overcharges and other errors. We all rely on trust in our daily lives ― that when sales tax is added, it actually applies and equals the specified amount; that the meter in a taxi shows the correct amount provided by law and correctly measures the actual distance; that when you order takeout, the price you see online matches the amount you pay in the restaurant. We all take most of this for granted. It would be a lot of trouble to all have to check these things day in and day out.

That's exactly why we should be concerned when folks fall short ― because hardly anyone ever checks, so these problems can go unnoticed and can affect, in aggregate, large amounts.

If you look at my other work, e.g. https://www.benedelman.org/airfare-advertising/, you'll see I've been pretty diligent in holding large companies accountable for their false statements of price and other attempts to overcharge passengers. Should all small businesses get a free pass? Some people seem to think so, I wonder if that really makes sense.

Notably, though not emphasized in the Boston.com piece, the restaurant at issue knew the website prices had been "out of date for quite some time." At what point should they do something about it? I'm pleased to have at least gotten the problem fixed for the benefit of others.

Sichuan Garden also released a statement on Wednesday afternoon, which you can read in full on Boston.com. In the statement, Duan writes that Sichuan Garden appreciates the support it has received from the local community and people who have reached out from all over the world:

We have been overwhelmed with the response and support that has flooded our way. It means the world to know that there are still good people in this world. We have been contacted by people from California all the way to Australia offering kind words and support. I have been attempting to keep up with writing back personally and thanking each and every one of you. We have been offered donations, free services, including website services and legal advice, which I kindly denied.

I just want to make clear that we are not a business in financial distress. We have been blessed with the support of our amazing community and hospitality family that has understood the value of a hard working family. Your support and kind words are more then enough.

作者:Diamondhorse海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖]农民起义是历史的动力吗? 安志立博客 【我们从小读的历史都要反思了?】 海归主坛 2014-3-09 周日, 04:53
[转帖]宋鸿兵: 美元已死,黄金当立! 海归主坛 2008-8-04 周一, 05:16
[转帖]中餐馆多收4美元 哈佛教授连发5邮件要上法庭 波士顿新闻 海归茶馆 2014-12-11 周四, 00:27
拒绝脸书30亿美元收购,看Snapchat 的20位员工都是何方神圣? 海归商务 2013-11-24 周日, 13:14
请捐助十美元,帮OCEF赢得Facebook五万美元大奖,资助失学儿童重返校园 海归主坛 2009-11-01 周日, 08:28
“今秋美元崩盘,明夏美国消失” 海归主坛 2009-1-17 周六, 01:23
中国ZF歪打正着?近期美元强劲,美国国债大涨,油价大跌。。。 海归主坛 2008-10-09 周四, 12:37
请教一个快递美国的问题:4月签收申报礼品300美元相机,7月却来信通知21... 海归茶馆 2008-8-02 周六, 00:16

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 Diamondhorse离线  发送站内短信
  • [转帖]4美元那事,哈佛教授道歉了 搜狐博客 【华人做生意还是老实一点为好】 -- Diamondhorse - (3777 Byte) 2014-12-11 周四, 11:54 (2718 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.