海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的秘密任务 (1)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的秘密任务 (1)   
wanderer
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2004/02/20
文章: 1232

海归分: 168152

文章标题: 洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的秘密任务 (1) (1434 reads)      时间: 2004-3-03 周三, 05:43   

作者:wanderer海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

柯杰西是JESSE的中国名字。他约三十左右,MBA,有市场开发的工作经验,原来住在美国硅谷,会中文和日文。去年十月他的日本妻子奉命外派时他也一起来到了上海。

一安定下来后,杰西马上开始积极找工作。一个多月后他就拿到一份仅半天差使,但是他怎么也没有想到他在上海的第一份工作竟然是个秘密任务、、、

Wednesday, November 12, 2003
The Mission, Part I

"Gooden Afternoon. My name is Herr Jesse Covner. I'm am a valve and actuator expert from Krautworks, the leading German manufacturer of stainless steel valves, pneumatic actuators, and penstocks for municipal water processing market.". Thus began my insertion into the secret Iraqi biological weapons factory (ingeniously disguised as the JiaAn Water Factory).

It all started, like many great stories, in a bar. The M-Factory. Not really a bar as much as a poorly decorated post-modern disco which lacks a proper disco dance floor. It was jammed with locals. Girls were dancing on the tables - like they saw in some bad 90’s teenager movie - to Jon Bon Jovi "Shot Through the Heart" as sung by a short Chinese girl in a pink sweater. I tried to be inconspicuous in my army boots, blue dry-fit t-shirt, and matching blue pants. I sat at a table with two citizens. Guy; completely average looking, but with confidence and money. Girl; average looking by Chinese standards, pretty round face and big eyes. Start up small talk with guy. Give business card. I move on.

Monday. Receive call from Annie. Annie got my number from Kevin. Kevin? "He told me you met in a bar." "Lady, I meet lots of people in bars. Most of them have more feminine sounding names." "Look, its a job. We are a *German* company . We manufacture valves. We need your help."

German company. Everyone in the field knows this is a code word for unofficial undercover CIA op. Black ops stuff. Wetworks. I'm finally going after the dirt. The WMD.

I previously did my research, never knowing it would come in handy so soon. I attended the International Expo on Valves and Pumps, located in the convention center across from my apartment. I learned what a valve is - in Chinese.

Its a cold, wet night in South Shanghai. I'm wearing work cloths; black wrinkle free micro-fiber pants, dress shirt, polished combat boots, and black imitation Hugo Boss long coat. Paisley tie. Secret pocket on the side to keep my tools of the trade.

The first appointment is in a small office over a bank. I take the bare walled elevator to the 10th floor. Annie greets me. She is wearing farmers overalls - she's probably going to the countryside on a support mission. We get right down to business.

"Mr. Ke (my Chinese code name), we have an important meeting on Wednesday. Its very important for 'the company'. But there was a snafu; the 'engineer' from HQ cannot attend. We need someone to represent the company from HQ. Can you do this?"

"But I'm not from HQ. I'm not an engineer."

"But you can still *represent* the company as our valve expert."

I see where this is leading, but I want Annie to spell it out. Lets not pussyfoot around the details. This is going to get messy. "And how do I become a valve expert?"

The company handler was eavesdropping. He decides its time put the cards on the table. He walks in. Calm. A little nerdy, but confident. "Hello Jesse" he says in English. "My name is David. I do *sales*. (back to Chinese) Let me try to explain the situation."

"David, let me explain the situation to you first. You want me to infiltrate the meeting. My cover story...I'm to pretend I'm a valve expert from Krautworks HQ. You think you need this to get the *sale*".
"Mr. Ke, you are to represent the company HQ as our valve expert in this important meeting."
Annie is looking down and her face is red. Is she nervous? Did this mission come about because she failed to communicate/ coordinate a schedule? "David, you say represent. I say I'm putting on a disguise. The issue is,.. why is it so necessary? You're sales. You have come across many situations in which you could not satisfy customer demands. Why go to these measures?"

"That is what I need to explain to you. You see, the customer is using electric actuators in their plant. We need them to use our pneumatic actuators. The plant design plans need to change."

"So the customer needs me at the meeting to change their designs."
"No. We need you at the meeting to confirm the change in designs. The designs have been changed. But the president of the *Water Administration* won't OK the design changes unless he sees a representative from the German company. He needs to see high level support from our HQ. And that is part our problem. The HQ engineer cannot come."

I press for the main point. "So why are pneumatic actuators so important?"
"Electric actuators break often. Maintenance costs are high. And the electric actuators in the original plan do not fit with the valve product which we wish to sell." This was a lie. I'm 100% positive the pneumatic actuators are rigged to explode, and thereby uncover Saddam's secret WMD factories in China. But that's neither here nor there; a job is a job. What's important is the background work; I don't want to be caught in the field with my pants down because someone didn't do their homework.

"So how can I fool them that I'm the German expert?"
"Simple. Memorize this product lit. Talk fast. Talk with an accent. Say whatever you want. They don't speak English. And you will have Krautworks business cards to give them. That will fool them."
"You're 100% sure they don't speak English?"
"100% copasetic."
"I don't know. Sounds dangerous. Why not just call in an air-strike?"
"Believe me...if there was any way we could have avoided doing this, we would have". He looks at Annie, who's face is a little red. Something going on there.
"So the plan...you pick me up at 8. We ride for 1 1/2 hours. Have the meeting. In and Out. Have lunch - very important! Then we are back here around 3PM. Clockwork."
"Sounds about right. One last question," David says.
"Yes. My compensation."
"Yes."
"I want 1200 RMB for this half-days work. And I consider that cheap."
David stays silent for 10 seconds. "Fine."
"What? You don't want to haggle?"
"We'll talk about this price when we call you for future missions."
"Well. That's good. But understand, I didn't come to China to pretend I'm from Germany... if you know what I mean. This is a one-shot mission. I'm doing it because I'm bored. If we are going to work together in the future, no more undercover. I want legit work."
"Sounds good to me. See you on Wednesday."

作者:wanderer海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:杰西的上海“好莱坞”经历 海归论坛 2004-3-10 周三, 06:15
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:呼叫中心的菲律宾MM (ZT) 海归论坛 2004-9-25 周六, 13:52
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:为什么不愿回美国? 海归论坛 2004-4-25 周日, 14:28
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:看牙医 海归论坛 2004-4-04 周日, 13:36
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:年轻人志在东方 海归论坛 2004-3-14 周日, 08:22
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:在华为的老印之中国印象 -- 过节般的食物 战士般的工... 海归论坛 2004-3-07 周日, 13:49
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:爱琳在上海的新起点 (ZT) 海归论坛 2004-3-04 周四, 16:55
洋海龟闯荡神州系列:序 海归论坛 2004-3-03 周三, 05:08

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 wanderer离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.