海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 新时代的E-MAIL文化——写下来的东西要小心,因为全球的人都可能看到!
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 新时代的E-MAIL文化——写下来的东西要小心,因为全球的人都可能看到!   
antares

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校

性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/02/18
文章: 346
来自: GZ
海归分: 76642

文章标题: 新时代的E-MAIL文化——写下来的东西要小心,因为全球的人都可能看到! (2497 reads)      时间: 2006-2-24 周五, 04:34   

作者:antares海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

一名Boston的法律系毕业生在通过了本地一间律师事务所的两次interview后,顺利得到了OFFER,但由于报酬方便的问题,她决定turn down this offer。问题也由此而来,以下是这名女生与事务所老板在电邮里的对话(或者说是对骂)。

顺便说一句,我觉得事务所请这女生的决定是很正确的,她的确是十分tough。如果作为一名刑事辩护律师,她的前途光明。

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:23 PM
To: William A. Korman
Subject: Thank you

Dear Attorney Korman,

At this time, I am writing to inform you that I will not be accepting your offer.

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the pay you are offering would neither fulfill me nor support the lifestyle I am living in light of the work I would be doing for you. I have decided instead to work for myself, and reap 100% of the benefits that I sow.

Thank you for the interviews.

Dianna L. Abdala, Esq.

To: Dianna Abdala
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 12:15 PM
Subject: RE: Thank you

Dianna --

Given that you had two interviews, were offered and accepted the job (indeed, you had a definite start date), I am surprised that you chose an e-mail and a 9:30 PM voicemail message to convey this information to me. It smacks of immaturity and is quite unprofessional. Indeed, I did rely upon your acceptance by ordering stationary and business cards with your name, reformatting a computer and setting up both internal and external e-mails for you here at the office. While I do not quarrel with your reasoning, I am extremely disappointed in the way this played out. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Will Korman

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: Thank you

A real lawyer would have put the contract into writing and not exercised any such reliance until he did so.

Again, thank you.

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:18 PM

Thank you for the refresher course on contracts. This is not a bar exam question. You need to realize that this is a very small legal community, especially the criminal defense bar. Do you really want to start pissing off more experienced lawyers at this early stage of your career?

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:28 PM

bla bla bla

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

原文

Brian Liu, Global National
Published: Thursday, February 23, 2006 Article tools

Font: * * * * The next time you plan on sending out a nasty email, think twice, and consider the story of a 24-year-old from Boston whose email spat with her perspective employer was heard 'round the world -- and has made her the most famous, perhaps notorious, lawyer in America.

Two weeks ago, Dianna L. Abdala, a graduate from Boston's Suffolk University Law School, and a self-confessed "trust-fund baby," went job hunting at local law firms and landed an interview with William A. Korman of Korman & Associates.

Two interviews later, she landed a job at the firm.

However, when she got a glimpse of the compensation packaged, she balked, and backed out.

The following is the email correspondence between Korman and Abdala that, in our day and age of instant communication, didn't take long to make its way around the globe and into thousands of email inboxes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:23 PM
Subject: Thank you

Dear Attorney Korman,

At this time, I am writing to inform you that I will not be accepting your offer.

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the pay you are offering would neither fulfill me nor support the lifestyle I am living in light of the work I would be doing for you. I have decided instead to work for myself, and reap 100% of the benefits that I sow.

Thank you for the interviews.

Dianna L. Abdala, Esq.

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 12:15 PM

Dianna --

Given that you had two interviews, were offered and accepted the job (indeed, you had a definite start date), I am surprised that you chose an e-mail and a 9:30 PM voicemail message to convey this information to me. It smacks of immaturity and is quite unprofessional. Indeed, I did rely upon your acceptance by ordering stationary and business cards with your name, reformatting a computer and setting up both internal and external e-mails for you here at the office. While I do not quarrel with your reasoning, I am extremely disappointed in the way this played out. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Will Korman

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:01 PM

A real lawyer would have put the contract into writing and not exercised any such reliance until he did so.

Again, thank you.

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:18 PM

Thank you for the refresher course on contracts. This is not a bar exam question. You need to realize that this is a very small legal community, especially the criminal defense bar. Do you really want to start pissing off more experienced lawyers at this early stage of your career?

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:28 PM

bla bla bla

Within days, the email was forwarded to friends, throughout the Boston legal community, and then onto national and international news organizations, dubbed the "'bla bla bla' that was heard round the world," and placing it amongst the top email gaffes of Internet history -- which include U.S. FEMA Director Michael Brown's "Can I quit now?" email message to his boss while Hurricane Katrina ravaged the U.S. Gulf Coast; and U.S. political lobbyist Jack Abramoff's email about his clients, "These mofos are the stupidest idiots in the land."

While Korman has defended his decision to initially forward the email spat to a friend, saying that all he did was "forward a non-privileged, non-client communication to somebody who then chose to forward it along," Abdala has reported the incident to the Board of Bar Overseers for “unprofessional and unethical” conduct for forwarding her email, also claiming that the incident has jeopardized her legal career.

© Global National 2006

作者:antares海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
自称对西方文化很了解的假小资本们,知道今天谷歌的LOGO是什么回事吗?3.... 海归商务 2012-3-14 周三, 19:16
zt中国特色的“自贱文化”: 中国人比起西方人来说,少了一份“自尊”自贱到... 海归主坛 2010-7-19 周一, 10:36
也说说中国文化的习惯性阴毒的一面, “八袋长老”进来 海归茶馆 2009-12-08 周二, 10:32
ceo/cfo and gigi 看来都是这个网络文化公司的股东, 可以说... 海归主坛 2009-3-04 周三, 05:59
刘杰:官员腐败与传统文化的无耻——驳东海一枭的谬论 海归茶馆 2008-10-18 周六, 15:38
评书播讲:西藏文化谈:楔子和(一):巫术,作为政治手段 (作者耶律大石)... 海归茶馆 2006-10-14 周六, 17:06
【转载】孝与‘侏儒教’ ---影射中华文化的本质 生活风情 2023-1-17 周二, 00:22
刚刚去看电影长城,比网上评论好多了。 建议大家去看看,尤其带小孩去,极好的... 生活风情 2017-2-21 周二, 09:36

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 antares离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.