海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖][sync freak]contact,calendar,outlook, ipod, 手机,电脑,看这个人怎样sync
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖][sync freak]contact,calendar,outlook, ipod, 手机,电脑,看这个人怎样sync   
天蝎座的
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 博导

加入时间: 1970/01/01
文章: 3185
来自: S.F
海归分: 507616

文章标题: [转帖][sync freak]contact,calendar,outlook, ipod, 手机,电脑,看这个人怎样sync (1701 reads)      时间: 2006-10-27 周五, 08:44   

作者:天蝎座的海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

The Holy Grail of Sync

https://engtech.wordpress.com/2006/08/11/the-holy-grail-of-synchronization-how-to-synchronize-microsoft-outlook-multiple-locations-google-calendar-gmail-ipod-and-mobile-phone-with-funambol-scheduleworld/#holygrail

This is the setup I am trying to sync:

Calendars
Microsoft Outlook at work for professional scheduling
Google Calendar for personal scheduling
Contacts
Gmail for email addresses
Microsoft Outlook at home for contacts
Gadgets
Nokia 6682 for access to contacts/calendar on the go (or any mobile phone that has software to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, ie: all of them)
iPod for access to contacts/calendar on the go
ScheduleWorld wasn’t something I used before I tried to do this, but it is the glue that holds it all together.

Here is a beautiful drawing of The Plan. It was made with Gliffy, a web-based Visio clone.

This is how I want to sync it (follow the diagram):

Contacts are sourced from my Phone + Outlook (at home).
Calendar is sourced from Outlook (at work), Google Calendar, ScheduleWorld.
I only want to synchronize my phone/iPod when I’m at home (so I don’t have to bring the USB cables back and forth)
I don’t want to synchronize over WAP/GPRS (wireless data) because I am a cheap. My local wireless provider charges too much.
It should be easy to extend these instructions to your specific situation. If this isn’t your boat I also list some alternatives at the end of the article. If you have a specific question, post a comment and I’ll try to answer it. Sometimes the owner of ScheduleWorld pops by and gives suggestions as well.

But why?
Why use Outlook? Isn’t Microsoft “Outbreak” the devil?
I won’t be using Outlook for email. Outlook is a necessary evil if you want to do contacts synchronization since it is the only software that you mobile phone supports synching with.
ScheduleWorld also supports Evolution/Linux and Thunderbird/Windows.
What about Linux/Mac OS X support?
Microsoft Outlook is funamental to how I’m moving the data from my computer to my phone/iPod.
You can replace Microsoft Outlook with Evolution or Thunderbird and still use it with ScheduleWorld.
Why not source contacts from Gmail?
You can’t automatically sync Gmail to anything.
If you have a free solution for synching Gmail to Outlook then please post a comment.
Gmail also adds any you’ve emailed to your address book automatically. Gets cumbersome.
Why use ScheduleWorld?
It’s there. It’s free. It automatically supports Google Calendar synching.
The interface for ScheduleWorld looks like PHP iCalendar. You could run your own Funambol server instead, but it wouldn’t be as slick. No, Funambol isn’t a clever name for a new hemorrhoid cream. ScheduleWorld uses the Funambol server for SyncML interoperability and that’s it.
ScheduleWorld is quite a large project and does a number of things outside of SyncML.
Why don’t you sync email?
I like using computers for email. My thumb gets sore.
The approach I’ve outlined doesn’t sync email. I’d recommend using Mobile Gmail with a data plan to access mail on your phone and on any computer.
Why don’t you use Remote Calendars and cut ScheduleWorld out of the loop altogether?
I tried Remote Calendars and I found it a bit of a pain. It requires three other Microsoft tools installed (.NET, Office Something, VSO). It would still give me “Invalid URI” errors even though it was synching properly. Screw that. The Funambol Outlook plug-in is simple.

作者:天蝎座的海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
海石:热烈欢迎西茜,电脑绘画及【可爱的一朵玫瑰花】 高山流水 2019-2-11 周一, 13:58
[转帖]手机充电该怎么充? 海归茶馆 2014-10-24 周五, 09:31
[讨论]有经验的网友,可否评价一下上海移动怒江机房(服务器托管:手机和电话... 海归商务 2012-4-25 周三, 14:51
【视频】这个好玩,勾起了我对当年读研究院时的许多回忆——只是我们当年还没有... 春秋茶馆 2011-1-21 周五, 00:22
学校已经全面改进黑板,代之墙上LCD大电视连接电脑,老师不需要黑板上写字而... 海归茶馆 2010-7-28 周三, 11:31
一台电脑,一台手机,也能上网 海归职场 2010-3-04 周四, 16:29
[新闻]高薪招聘域名专家(待遇优厚)通讯,电子,互联网高手请不要错过 海归主坛 2009-4-13 周一, 17:54
【强烈抗议】网站技术人员把这个网站的即时聊天系统整改一下,每次有人发对话来... 海归主坛 2008-6-06 周五, 10:02

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 天蝎座的离线  发送站内短信
  • [转帖][sync freak]contact,calendar,outlook, ipod, 手机,电脑,看这个人怎样sync -- 天蝎座的 - (3525 Byte) 2006-10-27 周五, 08:44 (1701 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.