海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 在美华人,你是怎么减免你的联邦税的?小心哦。。。[请双O叔点评,为什么丰胸手术可以减税?]
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 在美华人,你是怎么减免你的联邦税的?小心哦。。。[请双O叔点评,为什么丰胸手术可以减税?]   
海归草
[博客]
[个人文集]

警告次数: 1

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男年龄: 53
加入时间: 2006/05/19
文章: 4193
来自: NYC,LA,Chicago,Miami
海归分: 512448

文章标题: 在美华人,你是怎么减免你的联邦税的?小心哦。。。[请双O叔点评,为什么丰胸手术可以减税?] (1647 reads)      时间: 2007-9-12 周三, 16:54   

作者:海归草海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

一。合法的:

大陆来美华人的第一、第二减税招数是:

1)买房子,贷款利息可以抵消部分收入,从而减税;
2)401K,直接减少报税的收入,从而减税。

二、有问题的、但是又没有问题的:

上述两者都不会减少,社安税。
所以,有新到美国者,想方设法把自己搞成外国人身份,不交社安税。如果公司HR戏里糊涂,就会那你“阴谋”得逞。呵呵。

有一哥们,到美国好多年了,依旧不用交。
申请绿卡怎么办?移民局没有那么仔细看税表,何况,1040表上根本没有显示,要仔细查W-2,才会发现问题。

三、肯定是犯法的:

当然,最厉害的一招是,赚现金收入,不申报。呵呵,under table。
这个,干过的人太多。
自己老实交代,呵呵。

四、乱七八糟的:

1)非要申报自己国内的(或来探亲的)父母为自己的被抚养人。
从前,1040上都不需要填SSN,甚至假冒一个,都无人过问。后来,严格需要SSN。
需要SSN?没有问题,以前来美国的,都很容易申请。当然,还可以用TIN来死扛。

2)硬说自己有个HOME OFFICE

3)无中生有的“慈善捐款”
或是不符合条件的“慈善捐款”(例如捐个山西黑窑奴工、希望小学。。。)

4)成立S公司,专门转嫁“商业”损失

5)6)7)。。。。N)
不便一一列举了。

附上一文,供参考:

Tax deductions that shout 'Audit me!'

It's one thing to push the envelope, another to volunteer for the IRS audit list. Here are some of the most imaginative -- and most illegal -- deductions I've seen.

By Jeff Schnepper
I'm not known to be a superconservative tax planner. I'm willing to push the envelope as long as we stay on the right side of fraud and there's a legitimate basis for the deductions my clients claim.

But even I have limits. Here are some of the dumbest, most illegal deductions I've seen. And you should think twice -- at least -- before trying to claim them.

The bubble
It's hard for me to even write about this one without shaking my head. Here's the story, and if it hadn't been my client, I'd have trouble believing it myself.

The client lives in New Jersey. Northern New Jersey is infamous for its pollution and poor air quality. So my client was told to deduct, as a medical expense, the cost of enclosing himself and his family in a bubble of pure air.

I won't get into how that cost was conceived -- or whether the bubble was a split level or just a garden-variety bubble. Suffice it to say that the prior preparer had the chutzpah (that's a technical accounting term) to actually write "pure bubble" on the client's tax return.

Needless to say, the client was audited on his "bubble" deduction. Fortunately, the IRS audit agent had some perspective and a sense of humor. While the deduction was disallowed, it was so outrageous that the agent waived all penalties.

The home office
If you work out of your house, you may potentially qualify for a home office. The space claimed must be used regularly and exclusively for business purposes. Somehow, clients neglect to read that word "exclusively."

I had one client come to me after claiming a home office recommended by a prior preparer. He had a legitimate office at home, so the preparer had him deduct the full $80,000 cost of the home. Years later, I can still hear the IRS auditor laughing about that one.

Another client actually flew me from Cherry Hill, N.J., to St. Louis to represent him in a Tax Court case where he claimed 98% of his house as a home office.

At least he took the appropriate depreciation route rather than deducting 98% of the full cost of the house. Once again, the adage that bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered was proved correct. He refused to compromise and was hit hard for taxes, interest and penalties.

He still insists that he was correct. He said the IRS action against him was a political attack. It's amazing how many nonprofessionals "know the real law" despite what the courts and the code say.

The whole house
Steve Bennett, president and CEO of Intuit, the maker of the TurboTax software program, reports this one:

A client gave away his house to a local fire department to burn up in a training exercise. So far, so good. It appears to be a legitimate, allowable charitable contribution that was made to an appropriate organization.

But here's the kicker: The value of the property actually went up once the house was removed.

Because the value increased, sorry, there could be no deduction.

The car
I've had a number of clients who thought if they painted the name of their businesses on their cars they could deduct 100% of their auto expenses. And then, they argued (might as well go for it) that they should be able to deduct the entire cost of their vehicles.

Sorry, that doesn't work. All you get is an advertising deduction for the cost of the paint and the labor of the auto artiste.

As for the auto expenses, including the depreciation on the car, you take a deduction based on the business use only. That's business mileage divided by total mileage. So, if you drove 10,000 miles during the year, 2,000 of which were for business, you get to deduct 20% of your auto expenses.

The body parts
The general rule is that there's no charitable contribution deduction where less than your entire interest in the property is contributed. There are exceptions. One is the contribution of an undivided portion of your entire interest in an asset. That could include, say, your 50% ownership share in a residence, a farm or a property that qualifies for conservation tax breaks.

But that hasn't stopped taxpayers from trying to take a deduction for donations of body parts. That just isn't going to work.

One woman who lost 200 pounds had her excess skin removed and actually donated it to a skin bank. The IRS couldn't wait to deny that deduction!

Pets
We all love our pets. But they really don't qualify as our dependents regardless of how much we spend on their upkeep.

Literally millions of dependents disappeared when the IRS demanded Social Security numbers for all claimed dependents.

That means that you not only lose the personal exemption for the pet, but the medical deduction for their veterinary bills as well. Sorry about that.

Well, if I can't claim them as dependents, perhaps I can get them to pay my tax bill with their charge cards. Both my dog and my cat have had Visa and MasterCard credit cards in their own names, sent by banks eager to add Frisco T.D. Schnepper and Fred T.C. Schnepper to their rolls. (T.D. is "the dog" and T.C. is "the cat.")

Busting the IRS
Just because a deduction is outrageous doesn't mean it's automatically disallowed.

In 1988, Cynthia Hess, a Green Bay, Wis., stripper known as "Chesty Love," claimed a $2,088 deduction for implants that enlarged her bust size. The IRS turned down her claim.

In 1994, however, Special Trial Judge Joan Seitz Pate ruled that the result of the implants increased Hess' income and allowed the deduction.

Published Sept. 5, 2007

3)

作者:海归草海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
美华网,一个方便的小型门户网! 创业论坛 2005-11-27 周日, 15:44
[转帖]俄罗斯工程师或将成全球首例“换头手术”接受者 新华网 海归茶馆 2015-4-09 周四, 09:26
[转帖] 在美华人的痛苦假设, 希望能够继续深入讨论下去。 海归商务 2011-10-11 周二, 17:18
[火上浇油帖]“神医”华佗的手术神话 春秋茶馆 2010-12-10 周五, 15:30
美国圣约翰大学台把子副校长有多贪阿!新闻简要。好像她曾经是杰出华裔,嘻嘻,... 春秋茶馆 2010-11-13 周六, 01:59
[问题]请教老龟们,在华欧美管理层通过什么渠道在中国换工作? 海归主坛 2009-11-09 周一, 06:23
一般古董华男,不会像美国人那样,爱不离口,拳不离手, 生活风情 2009-4-03 周五, 02:52
海归网友相聚西子湖畔,欧美华人共谋杭州发展 海归茶馆 2008-11-03 周一, 00:30

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 海归草离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.