海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [功夫原创+精美照片]Suzie Wong Night Club ,苏丝黄夜店
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 生活风情 -> 行行摄摄           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [功夫原创+精美照片]Suzie Wong Night Club ,苏丝黄夜店   
功夫王
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/02/21
文章: 6733
来自: 美国,加拿大,中国
海归分: 531677

文章标题: [功夫原创+精美照片]Suzie Wong Night Club ,苏丝黄夜店 (5563 reads)      时间: 2008-5-08 周四, 10:27

作者:功夫王行行摄摄 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

照片转载于wikipedia

I went to Suzie Wong night club on Wednesday night, the first night for the May holiday. I have been to Suzie Wong many times in 2004 and 2005. It was one of the coolest club in town. It was named the editor’s choice for That’s Beijing magazine (an English magazine that dedicated to the expatriate community).

The club offers a densely packed dance floor, quite retreat to many private chambers that were decorated with the antique marriage beds, a good mix of local Chinese, and international expatriates. The entrance fee was free and the drinks were authentic. It was a seen and beseen place and perhaps the most IN night club in town.

I visited Suzie Wong a few more times in 2006 and 2007. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had expanded to the top floor balcony and added one more additional floor downstairs. The club started to charge entrance fee of 50RMB for Friday nights and Saturday nights. A Russian model told me that she was offered free entrance and some times free drinks there, a clever business strategy to attract desired clients.

The World of Suzie Wong, the name came from a novel that is staged in HongKong, a story of a Chinese lady fall into a western man. Among all such stereotype stories in the English media, the Chinese lady is always portraited as low social statues or even a gold digger and the western man is portraited as her savoir. Suzie Wong night club is clearly designed for such as backdrop in mind.

When I was helping him with his hotel booking, one of the investor to our company, a Germany guy who only came to Beijing a few times asked me if his hotel was close to Suzie Wong, a clear sign of the club’s international fame. Another hot shot private equality investor who just landed in Beijing the first time in his life also asked the location of Suzie Wong. I decided to pay a visit again last Wednesday.

I was surprised to find out that the entrance was free. Most of the tables have minimum consumption requirement of 500 to 2000 RMB and they were empty (with a reserved signs on but most of the clients never show up and the waiter cleverly offer to you at a discount because you are his special freiend). The seats around the bar counters were free but there were not enough chairs. I arrived around 10pm. It quickly came to me that I arrived too early as the floor was mostly empty. The top floor balcony was quite and was almost filled. I later settled down in a table on the lower floor. The music was ok with a blend of R&B and techno. I ordered a Black Label for 40RMB and enjoyed the music; the ambient and the crowd which consists of mostly expatiate western men and dressed up young Chinese women.

I left the club at about 11pm, the time when most of the people were showing up.

I had a very interesting episode with the parking lady. The parking attendant asked me to pay 10RMB for the parking. I told her to show me the parking sign (a board put up by the Beijing municipal government which spells out the parking fees). She said that there was no parking sign and there was no “official” price, referring that the price is negotiable. I refused to pay her and asked for her supervisor’s telephone number. Then she said that she did not know the supervisor’s telephone number but could offer me a discount of only 5RMB/parking. I told her that unless she can show me the official parking sign with price or the supervisor’s telephone number, I am going to pay her with the most standard Beijing parking price outside 3rd right which is 2RMB/hour. Then she stunned me by saying: Sir, you drive a car so that you must be rich. I am a parking attendant and I am poor. Could you please just pay me 5RMB?

What? Are you a parking attendant of a beggar or a thieve? In certain occasions like this one, it is hard to tell the difference.

作者:功夫王行行摄摄 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

上一次由功夫王于2008-7-03 周四, 07:51修改,总共修改了1次

相关主题
[功夫原创+精美照片]要想解愁,惟有杜康,另送一美元现金,汕尾红海湾旅游 行行摄摄 2008-1-02 周三, 15:28
[功夫原创+精美照片]三世五将,宁静古朴,深圳南澳游(2)古城篇 行行摄摄 2007-12-17 周一, 17:30
[功夫原创+精美照片]惊涛拍岸,山峦叠嶂,深圳南澳游(1)海滩篇 行行摄摄 2007-12-17 周一, 17:20
[功夫原创+精美照片]不嫖不赌,去澳门好玩吗?周末澳门逍遥游 行行摄摄 2007-12-03 周一, 17:00
[功夫原创+精美照片]洋妞和我,香车和美女,永远的主题。 海归酒吧 2007-11-23 周五, 10:55
[功夫原创+精美照片]宁静淡泊,广州大学城行行摄摄 行行摄摄 2007-11-17 周六, 21:13
[功夫原创+精美照片]造不好砖,砍你的头和 put money where... 海归酒吧 2007-5-27 周日, 11:53
[功夫原创+精美照片]质量一般,以量和价格取胜,曲阜《杏坛圣梦》观感 海归酒吧 2007-5-22 周二, 10:50

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 功夫王离线  发送站内短信 MSN
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 生活风情 -> 行行摄摄           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.