海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 7000亿救市被否,在美经济博士生来讲讲美国金融危机
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 7000亿救市被否,在美经济博士生来讲讲美国金融危机   
所跟贴 兄台看看这张图吧 Libor rate -- theoretical - (113 Byte) 2008-10-02 周四, 13:57 (652 reads)
天凉好个哈糗

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 教授

加入时间: 2006/03/27
文章: 731

海归分: 69072

文章标题: 看Ted-Spread更好些吧?或者Libor-OIS... (538 reads)      时间: 2008-10-02 周四, 22:50   

作者:天凉好个哈糗海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

I completely understand the visceral anger that many Americans feel about the situation we're in. I'm sick over the fact that its come to this. But this is what it's come to. We would be foolish, as Americans, to destroy our long-term economic prosperity just to satisfy our righteous anger with Wall Street.

One major point? This is like the old Fram oil filter commercial line "Pay me now or pay me later." As this study points out, the tax payers and citizens of the US (and the world) are going to pay for this crisis in one way or another. Either a major recession (with high and persistent unemployment), reduced incomes and tax collections or a collective efforts to stabilize the banking system. The costs of inaction are much higher. It is not a matter of cost or no cost. We are going to have to pay in one form or another.

One crucial lesson stands out: speed matters. This is obvious to anyone who followed Japan's dithering in the 1990s; standing aside and hoping the problem goes away is not a good idea. Relatedly, "forbearance" --regulatory indulgence, such as permitting insolvent banks to continue in business-- does not work, as has been established in earlier research. As the authors say, "The typical result of forbearance is a deeper hole in the net worth of banks, crippling tax burdens to finance bank bailouts, and even more severe credit supply contraction and economic decline than would have occurred in the absence of forbearance." This suggests that suspending mark-to-market requirements is not a good idea.

作者:天凉好个哈糗海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
谢国忠:美国金融危机正走向“硬着陆”,中国的资产泡沫正在破裂 谈股论金 2008-9-24 周三, 11:27
【乖乖,校长果然一呼百应!】当今金融危机之下,识时务的女性择偶的新目标ZT... 海归茶馆 2009-10-25 周日, 22:56
中国金融危机前增持700亿美元美国股票 海归茶馆 2009-3-06 周五, 22:09
【如果发生经济危机了,我们该怎么办】下一次全球金融危机:起点在亚洲 丁志杰... 海归主坛 2008-6-05 周四, 19:59
继续评论:印度sensex指数跌破9000点,印度政府将计划软着陆防范金融... 海归论坛 2006-6-15 周四, 08:00
人民币超发70万亿,金融危机第三轮不会太远。国资委让国企准备3-5年过冬柴... 海归商务 2012-6-28 周四, 16:26
[转帖]金融危机第二波要来了,还是美国:美国次优债将高达6000亿 海归主坛 2009-2-20 周五, 05:28
金融危机蔓延 国务院紧急开会再议救市方略 谈股论金 2008-10-09 周四, 08:48

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 天凉好个哈糗离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.